1996 Lexus ES300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Lexus ES300
- low idle speed (less than 50 rpm) at cold engine start, but OK after a minute
- Lexus ES300 check engine light
- what is a 02 oxygen sensor and what does it control will it make your car cut
- what is it when i push the gas to pick up speed the car start cutting back
- I own a 96 Lexus , ES300 with 156,000 miles.
1996 Lexus ES300 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
On higher mileage vehicles, an engine misfire may develop and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to a failed ignition coil. It is not uncommon to replace all the coils when the first one fails in order to prevent return trips to the repair shop.
1996 Lexus ES300 Questions
back when you give it more gas to pick up speed
or shut off sometimes if i try to take off it cuts offbut if i stay below 60 it do fine.do anybody know the problem
When I took it in for last oil change, I was given a list by the shop of things that will need to fixed in the near future.
1. P/S reservoir, leaking, will monitor
2. rack and pinon leaking will monitor
3. L/F axel boot slinging grease
4. valve cover gaskets starting to leak
5. crank seal st...
1996 Lexus ES300 Recalls
1996 Lexus ES300 Reviews
Purchsed in 2005 with 130K. Now have 301K...I maintain very well and Lexus is extremely reliable and relatively predictable. Transmission has had problems in drive,(starting at 275K) only when cold, but fine when hot. Engine is excellent.. Normal wear item repairs..Cooling fan runs off p/s and due to age the lines leading to fan are extremely important and needed replacement due to age.Most par...
Reliable Car. Enough said.