2003 Land Rover Freelander Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Land Rover Freelander
- What would cause intermitent "too lean" codes - computer stepping mixture down?
- Where is the switch activating the interior lights when a door is opened?
- car has no power changed spark plugs scanner reads cylinder 6 defect
- overheating and expansion chamber seems to be over pressurized
- Cost of wiring replacement in addition to window regulator
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Land Rover Freelander Problems
A hydraulic valve lifter "tick" type noise may be noted at high engine speed. This commonly caused by lack of oil to the lifters. Our technicians recommend following the recommended oil service intervals to help prevent this problem.
2003 Land Rover Freelander Questions
I want to add a red LED light strip on the outer edge of each door...the aspect exposed when the door is open…where the latch is located. I want these red lights to illuminate with the interior lights when a door is opened...to make open doors highly visible to street bicyclists at night. Easy ...
when I step on the gas it takes a while for the car to go fast
UPPER heater hose Does not s to be hard when I squeeze.
2003 Land Rover Freelander Recalls
2003 Land Rover Freelander Reviews
Pros: The Freelander is solid, quiet gets fairly good gas mileage, and is pleasurable to drive. Cons: Sucks money from wallet. In its first year with me the fuel pump failed ($750) Window regulator ($330) Light Switch ($220) also Rear window, Radio, Door locks (awaiting repair. Also AC is fairly weak and loud, and the front brakes wear out quickly. Required maintenance is going to cost $300 ...
I agree that this car is problem after problem and service at Land Rover is not to helpful.It is do it or go with them, They will not work with you except to trade it in for a bigger headache. It is a cute car but very costly to keep. I wish I would of never gotten it.