2004 Land Rover Discovery Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Land Rover Discovery
- Door Won't Open Due to Internal Failure of Rear Cargo Door Latch
- Leaking Head Gaskets May Cause Low Coolant Levels
- Coolant May Leak Under Middle Due to Leaking Throttle Body Deicer
- Sticking Windshield Wiper Switch May Cause Delay in Wiper operation
- Sticky Ignition Switch May Cause Keys to Stick or Break
- Fuel problem
- Car will not start when fuel tank is below half when left over night. Runs ok and will run when below half a tank but next morning will not start starving Cheers Ian
- Vehicle will not start when fuel tank is below half when left over night
- cannot accelerate engine starts bogging down hardly goes 15mph
- why is my clock, interior light, radio, and remote alarm not working?
2004 Land Rover Discovery Problems
Internal failure of the rear cargo door latch can cause the door to not open when using the outside door handle.
2004 Land Rover Discovery Questions
Will not start when tank is under half when left over nightNight
mechanic checked fuses and states he doesn't think the fuses are the issue.
2004 Land Rover Discovery Recalls
2004 Land Rover Discovery Reviews
Have owned a 2004 SE7 since '05 - purchased used from LR Dealer with 20k miles, now has 76k. In the 6 yrs of ownership, it has been very, very good - although not perfect: loves to drink premium gas, window motors in both front doors needed replaced, moonroof seals are leak prone, and CD 6-pk got stuck & needed repaired. Mechanically, it has been flawless UP UNTIL NOW - coolant has been disappe...
The vehicle is great. HOWEVER...DON"T deal with the dealer if you can avoid it...it will be a nightmare. ALSO, the electrical systems suck..always a problem. Every door lock does not work..all 5doors and NO RECALL. It drive sgreat and handles well in the snow..