2003 Land Rover Discovery Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Land Rover Discovery
- Door Won't Open Due to Internal Failure of Rear Cargo Door Latch
- Coolant May Leak Under Middle Due to Leaking Throttle Body Deicer
- Leaking Head Gaskets May Cause Low Coolant Levels
- Sticking Windshield Wiper Switch May Cause Delay in Wiper operation
- Check Engine Light due to failed leak detection pump or oxygen sensor
- Are the front and rear oxygen sensors the same?
- Coolent leak rom radiator inlet. What to do?
- I have a rough idle and running engine. Pulled codes and have P0304 and P0132.
- does my land rover have a light that tells when it is in four wheel drive?
- My Rover is pulling up PO 135,155, 154, 141, 161. bank 2 ,sensor 1 No activity.
2003 Land Rover Discovery Problems
Internal failure of the rear cargo door latch can cause the door to not open when using the outside door handle.
2003 Land Rover Discovery Questions
exhaust has two front and two rear sensors...........
2003 Land Rover Discovery Recalls
A banjo bolt at the Active Cornering Enhancement (ACE) pump joint may leak, which may cause a fire hazard. Dealers will inspect the pump area for leakage, retorque the bolt if no leaks are found, and replace the bolt if leaks are found.
The engine throttle can stick intermittently during its operation. The exact point of sticking is not predictable and can result in a higher than expected engine speed. If this is encountered, the driver may experience difficulty bringing the vehicle to a stop, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the throttle body to correct this concern. The Land Rover recall number is D117/B150.
2003 Land Rover Discovery Reviews
Off-road - no problem. Snow storms - handles extremely well. Principle mode of transportation - NO WAY. Dealers are vampires and service reps are minions of the dealer. I cannot believe how badly serviced this vehicle is. Oil pump has a serious design flaw, ABS system sucks, legacy electrical problems that have haunted this vehicle for more than 10 years. LR has known about these faults f...
If you bought one of these to drive around town and road-trip to LA....you got the wrong rig. Go buy some floaty American SUV. If you're an outdoor enthusiast that likes to take the road less traveled, have a passion for surfing spots in Baja that can't be accessed without a mule or airplane...here is your mule. Truck ALWAYS starts...never a hiccup. It's still running a good old fashioned "b...