2002 Land Rover Discovery Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Land Rover Discovery
- Door Won't Open Due to Internal Failure of Rear Cargo Door Latch
- Leaking Head Gaskets May Cause Low Coolant Levels
- Coolant May Leak Under Middle Due to Leaking Throttle Body Deicer
- Sticking Windshield Wiper Switch May Cause Delay in Wiper operation
- Sticky Ignition Switch May Cause Keys to Stick or Break
2002 Land Rover Discovery Problems
Internal failure of the rear cargo door latch can cause the door to not open when using the outside door handle.
2002 Land Rover Discovery Questions
Power steering is fine during city driving, but if i go over speeds of 60 miles/h, when i exit the highway, the engine has a noticable whine, and steering is a little difficult
2002 discovery 2 with V8 gas engine: Every time I try to start engine, I have to crank the for 10sec or more, then turn completely off and crank again until it starts. Very embarrassing at the gas station. Not sure if these engines have fuel pressure regulator or what could be causing the problem...
All the dash lights come on and are blinking
2002 Land Rover Discovery Recalls
A banjo bolt at the Active Cornering Enhancement (ACE) pump joint may leak, which may cause a fire hazard. Dealers will inspect the pump area for leakage, retorque the bolt if no leaks are found, and replace the bolt if leaks are found.