1999 Land Rover Discovery Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Land Rover Discovery
- Door Won't Open Due to Internal Failure of Rear Cargo Door Latch
- Coolant May Leak Under Middle Due to Leaking Throttle Body Deicer
- Leaking Head Gaskets May Cause Low Coolant Levels
- Sticking Windshield Wiper Switch May Cause Delay in Wiper operation
- Check Engine Light due to failed leak detection pump or oxygen sensor
1999 Land Rover Discovery Problems
Internal failure of the rear cargo door latch can cause the door to not open when using the outside door handle.
1999 Land Rover Discovery Questions
I have a 1999 Land Rover which I just bought. Ran fine until it blew a fuse (which we changed) hasn't been running hardly at all since. I can start it somedays but wouldn't trust it to drive. The check engine light is on when started and right before you start it. Now the Manual mode an...
It seems ok when I let it run and then it starts smoking
The control on the steering column will not engage.
1999 Land Rover Discovery Recalls
1999 Land Rover Discovery Reviews
I had to put a head gasket on my 2002. Did it myself. Dealer wanted $6k to to the head gasket. This thing runs like a horse and is fun to drive while looking classy.
I own 2 Disc ll and I would have it no other way....01 and 99....if you are willing to research you can cut your cost on repairs if you do the work yourself. It is the saftest car I would put my kids in. Tehy have thier issues but it is the only SUV that can go the distance....the world is it's play ground....