1997 Land Rover Discovery Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Land Rover Discovery
- Door Won't Open Due to Internal Failure of Rear Cargo Door Latch
- Leaking Head Gaskets May Cause Low Coolant Levels
- Coolant May Leak Under Middle Due to Leaking Throttle Body Deicer
- Sticking Windshield Wiper Switch May Cause Delay in Wiper operation
- Sticky Ignition Switch May Cause Keys to Stick or Break
- why is my landrover freelander deisel not running properly
- Car does not want to start when it is cold - under 50 degrees. Car also does not want to start when engine is warm/hot - stop for short period, try to start again. When does start, cough, cough, need to floor gas pedal and eventually will run smoothly.
- Trying to stop an oil leak from the small black sensor on the back of the engine
- At normal op temps runs smooth til 55mph stuters and hesitates ? new vacs ,purge
- my dash lights and head lights have been lightly blinking for a while, recently
1997 Land Rover Discovery Problems
Internal failure of the rear cargo door latch can cause the door to not open when using the outside door handle.
1997 Land Rover Discovery Questions
I think this is a cam sensor. My heads are leaking and then this guy. The leaks aren't too bad, but they are slowly leaking more. I also have a leak from the AC compressor.
the idling has been higher. Two days ago the engine stalled and there is know spark going to the plugs when you turn it over it has an empty sound I think it may be the ignition coil and if so how hard are they to change.
Can Idol or putt around town all day without overheating.
Runs great until your on the highway for about 25 min. Then it overheats. Block test negative, new clutch fan, water pump, electrical fans, radiator flush and hoses.
No smoke, runs great!! For awhile lol.
After it overheats you can turn...