2010 Kia Sportage Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Kia Sportage
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2010 Kia Sportage Problems
Check Engine Light illumination—combined with a lack of power or a stumble on acceleration—may be caused by the throttle position switch (TPS). Kia released an improved part which should correct this concern.
Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light illumination. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.
Make sure the transmission is filled with Kia-approved transmission fluid and at the correct level. Our technicians tell using incorrect transmission fluid or operating the transmission when it is low on fluid can result in internal transmission damage.
2010 Kia Sportage Questions
first time this has happened will crank over but won't start 16,000 miles certified car 5 year bumper to bumper warranty
bought a 2011 kia sorento traded in 2006 sorento loved that car got a small ping on windshield and now have a crack across entire windshield is this a defect
2010 Kia Sportage Recalls
The affected Kia models are being recalled because the brake light switch can fail prematurely, resulting in the loss of brake light operation as well as concerns with other electrical systems including: Cruise control, push-button start feature, shifter, and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system. Dealers will replace the brake light switch to correct this concern.