2007 Kia Sportage Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Kia Sportage
- Where is TPS,Speed Sensor & Pickup Sensor Located?
- Which components do I have to change to correct a failure in revs on D & R?
- The starter is activated when I push clutch in when car is on, faulty switch?
- The power door locks keep clicking unlock. I can't get them to stop.
- what can cause rough startup
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2007 Kia Sportage Problems
Check Engine Light illumination—combined with a lack of power or a stumble on acceleration—may be caused by the throttle position switch (TPS). Kia released an improved part which should correct this concern.
Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light illumination. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.
Make sure the transmission is filled with Kia-approved transmission fluid and at the correct level. Our technicians tell using incorrect transmission fluid or operating the transmission when it is low on fluid can result in internal transmission damage.
2007 Kia Sportage Questions
I put new plugs,air filter and changed the oil and a front manifold but still starts rough. this only seems to happen when the engine is cold
Thinking mYbe clutch?
had engine light checked at three places all said it was the camshaft intake sensor overadvanced checking to see how much to fix hopefully cheaper at kia diagnostic code is p0011
2007 Kia Sportage Recalls
The affected Kia models are being recalled because the brake light switch can fail prematurely, resulting in the loss of brake light operation as well as concerns with other electrical systems including: Cruise control, push-button start feature, shifter, and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system. Dealers will replace the brake light switch to correct this concern.
The stop lamp switch may fail, affecting many vehicle systems including the brake lights, transmission shift interlock, electronic stability control, and the cruise control. Failure of any of these systems could increase risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the stop lamp switch to correct these issues. This recall is to begin on June 17, 2009. The Kia recall number is SC077.
2007 Kia Sportage Reviews
Kia sportage, bought new in 2007. Tech told me oil pan is rotting. Not very happy with that, seems this should be a recall or at least under warranty. Brakes are constantly a problem and need to be replaced at an accelerated rate.
I leased this Kia Sportage 21 months ago. I am partailly disabled and do not drive much other then to the doctors or grocery store. I am 62 and have had over 20 cars and this one is the best. The ride is great, the gas milage good and the A/C works fantastic. Living in South Florida this was a must. I love sitting high enough that my vision is not obstructed. And although it is larger ...
oil pan is rotting out.Kia should recall for hazmat and danger of blowing engine