1998 Kia Sportage Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Kia Sportage
- my kia sportage 1998 overheated now will not start
- I have to put in neutral it is idleing rough in gear.
- I have A 1998 Kia Sportage EX it miss fire and loose power is it the Throttle Position swithch or what
- Whenever I take my foot off the gas, there's a loud humming noise that ends in a thump noise that seems to be coming from the engine on the passenger side. What is this and what can I do to fix it?
- it starts up has very little power when you shot off it tries to start but don't
1998 Kia Sportage Problems
Vehicles driven in areas where roads are heavily salted in winter may experience corrosion of the fuel tank, which can result in a leak. Kia has extended the fuel tank warranty on the 1996-2002 models. Please check with you local Kia dealer for more information, the service bulletin number is 059
Check Engine Light illumination—combined with a lack of power or a stumble on acceleration—may be caused by the throttle position switch (TPS). Kia released an improved part which should correct this concern.
1998 Kia Sportage Questions
I brought the car and was told that the Caterlatic Converter was colloged up I clean it out and it still miss firing.
When you stop at a stop sign it just about quotes. Then when you go to start out it has no power. Sometimes it will stall and you have to put the gas pedal to the floor to get it to start.
Every couple of years , after they broke once ! Replaced them 4 times now .