1998 Kia Sportage Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Kia Sportage
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Kia Sportage Problems
Vehicles driven in areas where roads are heavily salted in winter may experience corrosion of the fuel tank, which can result in a leak. Kia has extended the fuel tank warranty on the 1996-2002 models. Please check with you local Kia dealer for more information, the service bulletin number is 059
Check Engine Light illumination—combined with a lack of power or a stumble on acceleration—may be caused by the throttle position switch (TPS). Kia released an improved part which should correct this concern.
1998 Kia Sportage Questions
When you stop at a stop sign it just about quotes. Then when you go to start out it has no power. Sometimes it will stall and you have to put the gas pedal to the floor to get it to start.
Every couple of years , after they broke once ! Replaced them 4 times now .
brand new water pump,new thermostat,new timming belt, new radiator cap,new temp sensor. when i turn on the heather the temp goes down a little