2006 Kia Spectra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Kia Spectra
- What would be the source of a high pitched sound when in reverse?
- My KIA spectra 2006 dash lights does not turn on (the LEDs) anymore
- I just got out of the car. When i got back in the air dididn't blow anymore.
- My ca tries to turn over but doesn't. There's oil everywhere what's the issue?
- Brake light sensor needs replacing or adjusting?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Kia Spectra Problems
A defective AC compressor clutch assembly can cause excessive noise or vibration when the air conditioning is on. Improved parts are available. Replacing the faulty clutch assembly does not necessitate replacement of the complete AC compressor or evacuation and recharging of the air conditioning system.
Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light illumination. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.
The Check Engine Light may erroneously illuminate, signifying a fault with the front oxygen sensor when no fault exists. Replacing the electrical connections at the oxygen sensor with a repair kit available from Kia will commonly fix this problem.
2006 Kia Spectra Questions
The odometer lights and all the others (signal lights, warning light) still work, what could be the problem? Could I fix it by replacing the LEDs?
It doesn't blow at all. The lights come on but nothing comes out. It just stopped allof a sudden.
I was driving on i-5 when I noticed my exhaust was emitting smoke I checked for my lights and temp but all was fine and when I pulled over the car stopped. I checked my oil levels and my engine oil was empty completely. After a few hours I added two quarts of oil to my car and it failed to turn o...
2006 Kia Spectra Recalls
On vehicles driven in areas where road salt is used, the straps that secure the fuel tank may rust and break. A broken fuel tank strap could allow the fuel tank to drop and contact the ground, which could result in a fuel leak. With any fuel leak, there is always an increased risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel tank straps and attaching hardware with zinc-coated parts. This recall is scheduled to begin during June 2011. The Kia recall number is SC090.
2006 Kia Spectra Reviews
I bought my '06 Kia in '07 used, a previous lease I think they said with 14,000 + on it. I have really done some horrible things to that car. Threading the needle on freeways, taking it ice skating in the grand canyon and multiple cross country road trips. I drive in town a lot as well and it's been almost 70,000 miles and I'm just now needing to repair the breaks. My only complaint is ...
I bought my spectra used in 09, its a great car. has great acceleration for such a small engine. i get great gas mileage. usually 30 in town. and 45 highway. a great car
I have loved my 2006 Kia Spectra! I've put 95,000 miles on it. Recently my airconditioner compressor went out--first major problem I've had with it. Great, great car!