2002 Kia Spectra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Kia Spectra
- How much should it cost to replace the sensors on my transmission?
- Engine lite came on. Diagnosed as gas cap leak,evap leak or knock sensor. We
- Where is the transmission control module is located so I can check it and replac
- My dash lights suddenly went out about 6 months ago.
- What is the correct camshaft for my Kia, model: Spectra II 1.6 LS
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Kia Spectra Problems
There is a fuel smell under the hood especially in the morning when I start it when it is warming up. The smell is strong inside the car also. I have found fuel at the end of the fuel rail, but can't find where it is coming from. Checked wires hoses no luck.I did have an emissions code set once, changed the gas cap, hasn't helped.
also off and on turns over several times before it will start. almost like it isn't getting fuel. Don't know if 2...
A defective AC compressor clutch assembly can cause excessive noise or vibration when the air conditioning is on. Improved parts are available. Replacing the faulty clutch assembly does not necessitate replacement of the complete AC compressor or evacuation and recharging of the air conditioning system.
The original alternator was incapable of supplying sufficient power to the battery when the engine was idling with electrical loads (lights, air conditioning). A new, more powerful alternator and reprogramming of the powertrain computer will commonly correct this problem.
2002 Kia Spectra Questions
Problem is consistent and I've cleared codes
The lights affected are the dash, heater and ash tray light. My drivers side tailight and marker light do not work either. I checked all the fuses and bulbs and they are all ok. Is this a short? How much do you think it would cost to get this repaired?
how to replaced alternator
2002 Kia Spectra Reviews
I can't complain about the Kia's. This is my second one and I think they are great as far as maintenance and and repairs are concerned. I didn't do any major repairs on my first one, the Kia - sephia and so far none on this one, only the regular maintenance of upkeep. I'm contemplating buying another this year - 2009. It has good pickup and holds the road well. The warrentee is great because...