2004 Kia Sedona Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Kia Sedona
- where is the crankshaft sensor located
- Running hot not water pump replaced thermostat and cap starts getting hot then c
- How to replace the crankshaft position sensor
- Replaced alternator in my 2004 kia sedona,but I'm still killing new batteries.
- guys wanna ask if i can replace the MAF sensOr Of a kia sedona tO a MAP sensOr..
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 Kia Sedona Problems
A defective AC compressor clutch assembly can cause excessive noise or vibration when the air conditioning is on. Improved parts are available. Replacing the faulty clutch assembly does not necessitate replacement of the complete AC compressor or evacuation and recharging of the air conditioning system.
If the engine is excessively noisy on startup (after the engine has been off for several hours) and the noise lasts more than four or five seconds, turn off the engine and check for correct engine oil level. If the oil level is correct, the noise may be caused by the timing chain tensioner. Kia released an updated timing chain tensioner to solve this problem.
Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light illumination. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.
2004 Kia Sedona Questions
It gets hot then cools keeps doing that what could cause that only vehicle got 4 kids please help
It all started when my sister put her van battery in backwards Smh, it sparked a lot & the horn was blasting. The batteries keep dying after driving a few miles each day. We've replaced the alternator, the belts, all fuses and spark plugs. I have been going through dead batteries foe the...
had a neighbor say he could do wheel-bearing job for $375.00
2004 Kia Sedona Recalls
In freezing conditions, water on the throttle cable may freeze, creating resistance to movement. The cable may stick and prevent the engine from returning to idle, causing the vehicle to maintain speed or accelerate. This can occur without warning and could cause a crash. Dealers will modify a protective sleeve around the cable to fix the issue. The recall began August 15, 2005. The Kia recall number is SC-051.
On certain models equipped with alloy wheels, water may accumulate around the rear hub caps and damage the outer rear wheel bearings. The wheel bearings could fail without warning, which could result in a crash. Dealers will replace the rear hub caps and replace the rear outer bearings and/or hub assembly as needed. The recall began on June 13, 2005. The Kia recall number is SC-049.
2004 Kia Sedona Reviews
We bought our 2004 Sedona new and have driven the devil out of it. The only concern I've had is that it chews up front wheel bearings. Other than that there has not been any major issues. Would consider Kia for next purchase.
We have had this for 4 years and not one single problem! All our "issues" have been standard maintenance (new battery, brakes...etc). Nothing major! It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.
I have a 2004 kia sedona. Bought in 2008. Has almost 240,000 miles and no problems. Normal maintenance and I still drive it. Its great in the snow so I cant complain. We do have to completely go through the front end due to going through wheel bearings every year but not surprising since we have driven alot in this van. Had a 1997 windstar before this and it was junk. Would buy another Sedo...