2002 Kia Sedona Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Kia Sedona
- vehicle is making squealing noise from passenger side
- my vehicle is maiking a lous squeeling noise while giving the vehicle gaswhatisi
- Air bag light is on couldn't get a sticker how much to fix
- How much would it cost to repair or adjust the emergency brake
- Would the emerg light indicator cause the running lights/low beams to burn out?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2002 Kia Sedona Problems
A defective AC compressor clutch assembly can cause excessive noise or vibration when the air conditioning is on. Improved parts are available. Replacing the faulty clutch assembly does not necessitate replacement of the complete AC compressor or evacuation and recharging of the air conditioning system.
If the engine is excessively noisy on startup (after the engine has been off for several hours) and the noise lasts more than four or five seconds, turn off the engine and check for correct engine oil level. If the oil level is correct, the noise may be caused by the timing chain tensioner. Kia released an updated timing chain tensioner to solve this problem.
Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light illumination. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.
2002 Kia Sedona Questions
it is coming from the passenger side by the belts I have checked all the fluids and belts what else could it be it only does it while the vehile starts to pick up rpms and its losing a lot of power
Never really use emergency brake but used it a couple of weeks ago. Now the indicator light flickers on and off. We just disconnected the wire from the indicator light yesterday. The low beam/running lights were working. But today the emerg light indicator flicked on a couple times and when we go...
Windows stopped working - relay on master switch ic board clicks - power leads are good, motors and wires are good. Ground wire to master switch is bad or intermittent. Can I splice and terminate to frame, or does it need to go somewhere else? (ETACS, etc...?)
2002 Kia Sedona Recalls
2002 Kia Sedona Reviews
At 208,000 miles, 2nd engine, replace 3 catalytic converters, rebuilt transmission, rebuilt 2nd engine, numerous body repairs, gear select cable mechanically froze, 3 alternators, 2 starters, 3 radiators, 4 a/c pumps, many new tires, many new CV joints, new front axles 2x, new front wheel bearing 2x, many brake pad and shoe replacements, new struts and strut mounts, replace headlight plastic 2...
Kia gives you a 100k mile warranty, you will need every bit of it. My father in law, brother in law and mother in law all bought the same van (Kia Sedona) we can tell each other what will go wrong with the other because they all have the same issues. Seat belt latch light indicator won't work so the airbags won't deploy. Electrical problems, heater and air conditioning problems, rear hatch i...
Constant issues, never resolved. No one can find the issue.