2008 Kia Rio5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Kia Rio5
- There is a fuel odor inside my Kia Rio5 .What could it be
- my "o/d off" light wont turn off, button on the shifter does nothing
- Where is #1 çylinder located, passenger side or drivers? Thanks for the help.
- stopped the car to do errands, now a/c wont work. checked both fuses,relay.ok
- no brake lights or High Brake light Fuses ok
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2008 Kia Rio5 Problems
Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light illumination. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.
A defective AC compressor clutch assembly can cause excessive noise or vibration when the air conditioning is on. Improved parts are available. Replacing the faulty clutch assembly does not necessitate replacement of the complete AC compressor or evacuation and recharging of the air conditioning system.
Make sure the transmission is filled with Kia-approved transmission fluid and at the correct level. Our technicians tell using incorrect transmission fluid or operating the transmission when it is low on fluid can result in internal transmission damage.
2008 Kia Rio5 Questions
Where is #1 çylinder located, passenger side or drivers? Thanks for the help.
clutch is turning but does not seem to cycle. any ideas? no lights on in dash
brake light not working nor high brake light
2008 Kia Rio5 Reviews
Got this as a rental first, and fell in love. Very roomy, lots of storage, comfy and has great pickup. My AC just went out, so that's a bummer, but a cheap fix. My salesperson is fantastic, still calls me 3 years later to make sure I'm still happy lol.....the service dept....well......not impressed. My one issue was husband changing the oil error lol. Great car, especially for kids/cats and hau...
I agree about the brakes. They do make a sound like they need replacing when there is moisture. It goes away quickly. Not a big deal but sure made me take it back to the dealer for a check. The battery is a problem! I only have 20,000 miles on my Rio5 and just replaced the battery. I have 35% left on my brakes and will need to replace by November. The cost will be 199.00 per set. I do like my c...