2009 Kia Rio Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Kia Rio
- is it common for the motor mounts to go out after 5 years?
- What problems can result from ac clutch malfunctioning?
- my KIA Rio suddenly while driving the rmp's went up to 4 and could only go 40.
- My trip meter and odometer digital display stopped working. Kia Rio 2009
- The cigarette lighter does not work. Where is the fuse?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2009 Kia Rio Problems
A defective AC compressor clutch assembly can cause excessive noise or vibration when the air conditioning is on. Improved parts are available. Replacing the faulty clutch assembly does not necessitate replacement of the complete AC compressor or evacuation and recharging of the air conditioning system.
Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light illumination. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.
Make sure the transmission is filled with Kia-approved transmission fluid and at the correct level. Our technicians tell using incorrect transmission fluid or operating the transmission when it is low on fluid can result in internal transmission damage.
2009 Kia Rio Questions
I checked the fuse and it's okay. What is wrong with my trip meter and odometer? How do I fix it? The display screen is blank.
2009 Kia Rio Reviews
I have 244000 on my Rio. That is not a typo! Oil changes every 5000(synthetic). Timing belt change at every 65000. Still get 32-36 mpg winter and 37-40 mpg summer. Love this little car!
This is a HORRIBLE car! I have had nothing but problems with it. I bought it brand new and it only has a little over 10,000 miles on it. I already had a complete electrical malfunction, breaks went bad in THREE months and they still cant find the problem with them and I've had the car for 7 months now (still with the bad breaks), light fictures fell out and the warranty doesnt cover that, and n...