2003 Kia Rio Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Kia Rio
- Engine continues to run after the key is turned off and taken out
- The engine wont shut off even when the key is turned off and taken out
- the fuse from the meter keep blowing when I replace it keep blowing
- Car shifts in n out of overdrive kills at red light burns a lot of gas?
- What does it cost to replace an oil pump with parts and labor?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2003 Kia Rio Problems
A defective AC compressor clutch assembly can cause excessive noise or vibration when the air conditioning is on. Improved parts are available. Replacing the faulty clutch assembly does not necessitate replacement of the complete AC compressor or evacuation and recharging of the air conditioning system.
Due to a problem with the automatic transmission control computer, you may experience erroneous Check Engine Light illumination; an updated control module is available.
2003 Kia Rio Questions
It doesn't stay running and kills if the a/c is on when I stop I have to put it in neutral r it will kill but going down the road it will shift in n out of overdrive and burns a lot of gas??? I changed fuel filter plugs and wires timing belt still same thing !! Help could it be a sensor??
My car make a rattling sound and a friend thought it was the oil pump.
I see them on my pullies but not on the back of the cover. do they line up with the 2 knobs on the top or ate they support to.be lined up in the center facing one another?
2003 Kia Rio Recalls
The Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR) function of the rear outboard seat belt assemblies may disengage. If a child seat is not properly secured, there is an increased risk of injury to the seat occupant in a crash. Dealers will replace both rear outboard seat belt assemblies free of charge. This recall began September 15, 2006. The Kia recall number is SC064.
Due to interference with a metal wire inside the rear seat frame, the lower child restraint anchors should not be used. Owners are advised to follow the instructions provided with the child seat on how to properly install the child seat using the vehicle's rear seat belts rather than the LATCH system. If the child seat is not properly secured, personal injury or death could occur in a crash. Dealers will replace the lower anchors free of charge. This recall began January, 2006. The Kia recall number is SC057.
2003 Kia Rio Reviews
I own a 2003 Kia Rio Cinco Wagon. I will never buy another Kia. I think they are too hit and miss. Some cars are great, no problems, great gas mileage, etc. My car is a 4 cylinder gas hog. The mileage I get for that small car with the cramped interior space is the same as a roomy 6 cylinder SUV. Literally, 17 - 20 miles in city, 25 on the Highway. I once rented a Kia (not sure of the model) b...
Bought my 2003 Kia Rio new, and she has driven great so far.
I bought my 2003 brand new. Noticed the lack of power immediately. As the years go by, it seems to be "broken in" and while it isn't powerful, it is better than when it was new. Very reliable car. Great gas mileage. Very roomy in front with lots of leg and head room. The car has paid for itself already.