2005 Kia Optima Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Kia Optima
- Car looses power, already changes throttle position switch, what's next?? Help
- drivers door relocks when unlocking replace the latch and the clip 2 times and every 2 months goes out again
- drivers door relocks when unlocking
- need toreplace crankshaft sensor need location and general info
- What is the purpose of the water lines that run to the throttle body?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2005 Kia Optima Problems
A faulty door latch assembly may cause one or both front doors to be difficult to open. Replacing the worn latch will commonly correct this problem.
Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light illumination. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.
Check Engine Light illumination—combined with a lack of power or a stumble on acceleration—may be caused by the throttle position switch (TPS). Kia released an improved part which should correct this concern.
2005 Kia Optima Questions
I have a 2005 Kia Optima, car looses power & won't let me drive over 25 mph! I have changed the throttle position censor & the idle valve & still the same problem, don't know what to do next, help!!!
replace latch twicw in 10 months
2005 Kia Optima Reviews
we have a 2005 kia optima, while we were headed to a dr appointment, it started fine early that morning, about 6 a.m. stoppped got something to eat, started just fine, got to the VA hospital, pulled up to let my husband out of the car, I killed it, tried to start it, all it did was click, it hasnt started since, we were told probably the starter, changed out the starter, it still does the same ...
My Mom and I had the same Kia Optima 2005 purchased with in a year or so mine new hers used with about 13,000 miles. I had trouble with the headlights blowing-in the 3 years I had the car I changed 2 every 6 months or so. My moms did the same thing. We started carrying an extra bulb due to being pulled over with a head light out!! We were fortunate enough to hear of the time belt issue befor...
Bought an 05 Optima LX - ran great first 2 years, no problems at all. The breaks suck. I've had to replace the pads and rotors twice now within 1 1/2 years, second time had to replace the calipers because they were sticking and wore down the pads & ruined the rotors. Light bulbs are also a huge problem. I'm changing them several times a year. I've had other cars that I owned for 3+ years...