2005 Kia Optima Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Kia Optima
- What is the purpose of the water lines that run to the throttle body?
- What will cause my rear to sway back and forth
- Loud noise when pressing the gas paddle. Is it a Manifold exhaust system?
- whats the correct steps to replaceing the ac compressor on a 2005 kia optima
- how do you take off the rotors. they only have the 2 screws left on them.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 Kia Optima Problems
A faulty door latch assembly may cause one or both front doors to be difficult to open. Replacing the worn latch will commonly correct this problem.
Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light illumination. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.
Check Engine Light illumination—combined with a lack of power or a stumble on acceleration—may be caused by the throttle position switch (TPS). Kia released an improved part which should correct this concern.
2005 Kia Optima Questions
It does it when riding on a rough rode when hitting a bump and around 50 mph
it has automaict transmission and the large v6 engine
whats left wd40 or a pulley
2005 Kia Optima Reviews
My Mom and I had the same Kia Optima 2005 purchased with in a year or so mine new hers used with about 13,000 miles. I had trouble with the headlights blowing-in the 3 years I had the car I changed 2 every 6 months or so. My moms did the same thing. We started carrying an extra bulb due to being pulled over with a head light out!! We were fortunate enough to hear of the time belt issue befor...
Bought an 05 Optima LX - ran great first 2 years, no problems at all. The breaks suck. I've had to replace the pads and rotors twice now within 1 1/2 years, second time had to replace the calipers because they were sticking and wore down the pads & ruined the rotors. Light bulbs are also a huge problem. I'm changing them several times a year. I've had other cars that I owned for 3+ years...
th1s car has prerformed well so far. I have about 110.000 miles on it, my wife was driving it the engine cut off and it wouldent start up again. After waiting about an hour I tried to start it again the engine turned as though it was draging and then the starter began to click.I thought that it needed a starter.The deaqler installed a starter it still wouldent start. Now they tell me that the...