2004 Jeep Wrangler Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Jeep Wrangler
- the drivers side front tire keeps locking up what could be the problem ?
- MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON AND THE COMPUTER SAID CHANGE OXYGEN SENSORS AND I CH
- how often should I change my differential fluids front and rear on a jeep
- what causes a jeep to hesitate on highway between 50-60 mph
- is it possible to replace wheel u-joint and bearings myself?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Jeep Wrangler Problems
Water can leak near the A-pillar, at the front edge of the driver and passenger side doors. An improved seal is available.
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Leakage from the transfer case normally occurs at the case-mating surfaces and require removal of the transfer case to reseal.
The throttle position sensor (TPS) may fail causing intermittent drivability problems like hard starting, stalling, and/or hesitation when accelerating. A failed TPS will require replacement, proper diagnoses should always be performed before replacing any parts.
2004 Jeep Wrangler Questions
I CHANGED ALL 4 AND THE LIGHT IS STILL ON
when driving on highway every time u hit about 50-60 mph and it will hesitate then u step on the gas ang spped up and it seems to be ok... have already replaced plugs and wires no lights come on dash no codes stored already scanned was wondering if could be a cat problem or sensor that could do ...
2004 Jeep Wrangler Recalls
2004 Jeep Wrangler Reviews
I have a 2004 jeep wrangler 4 cyl,.5 speed. It just shut off,.everything seems to be O.K. but there is NO fire going to the plugs. Please advise,.Thanks, Ben
2nd best Jeep I have ever owned. The best was my '86 CJ-7. I drove it forever. It had nearly 300,000 on it before loosing compression to the point that I could no longer get up to highway speed with it. Traded it in on an 04 Wrangler. Re-geared it to 4.56, ox lockers front and rear, 4.5" Rubikon lift, slip yoke eliminator with a rear cv shaft and I can go anywhere my 33's will take me.