2001 Jeep Wrangler Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Jeep Wrangler
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Jeep Wrangler Problems
Water can leak near the A-pillar, at the front edge of the driver and passenger side doors. An improved seal is available.
The throttle position sensor (TPS) may fail causing intermittent drivability problems like hard starting, stalling, and/or hesitation when accelerating. A failed TPS will require replacement, proper diagnoses should always be performed before replacing any parts.
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Leakage from the transfer case normally occurs at the case-mating surfaces and require removal of the transfer case to reseal.
2001 Jeep Wrangler Questions
Engine cranks over but does not start, here is what I have tried so far with no luck......starter fluid in throttle, new crank sensor (two times), new cam sensor. No dash gauge (fuel or volt) movement with ignition in the on position. I get a brite test lite reading at one terminal (ASD fuse) ter...
It happened one time then within the last 2 days it happened both days. If I sit for 10-15mins it will start back up and get to where I need to go. I had the codes read and they came up as cylinder 1 miss firing and then something to do with an emission vapor something something??? if you have ...
2001 Jeep Wrangler Recalls
The design of the intake and exhaust manifolds allow for debris collection in the area of the number three cylinder. This may cause a fire hazard. Dealers will install a manifold shield to modify air flow characteristics to prevent debris accumulation.