1998 Jeep Wrangler Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Jeep Wrangler
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Jeep Wrangler Problems
Water can leak near the A-pillar, at the front edge of the driver and passenger side doors. An improved seal is available.
The throttle position sensor (TPS) may fail causing intermittent drivability problems like hard starting, stalling, and/or hesitation when accelerating. A failed TPS will require replacement, proper diagnoses should always be performed before replacing any parts.
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Leakage from the transfer case normally occurs at the case-mating surfaces and require removal of the transfer case to reseal.
1998 Jeep Wrangler Questions
removed the spark-plug to check for spark and had nothing--can not hear the fuel pump at all---checked all the fuses and they check out ok -- it turns over but wont start,Im thinking its the computer but im not sure any ideas ?
Have changer ignition switch, coil, switch plate in dist.,crankshaft positionong sensor and computer still no spark to coil or plugs.. cranks but will not start.
where is the blower motor resistor located and how do I replace itt?
1998 Jeep Wrangler Recalls
1998 Jeep Wrangler Reviews
My uncle purchased this jeep for me to drive to school, in 2009. Its been good to me for the most part, (not breaking down). Needed a tune up and at the end of the year and it finally recieved one ( it kept shuttering everytime I first started it and continuesly when I would run the AC). I have driven it on average about 200 to 230 miles on school weeks and on the weekends I went to visit my fa...