1997 Jeep Wrangler Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Jeep Wrangler
- What is process of replacing hub assembly both removal & replacement
- Where is the EVAP emission canister / purge solenoid located on a 1997 Jeep Wran
- I did a tub off restoration and I have replaced the crank sensor, coil, spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and by-passed the clutch safety switch successfully. The engine turns over / no spark. I don't know what else to check. help.............
- I changed my thermostat housing but now my coolant temperature sensor doesn't wo
- engine is running and just quits. will not start. wait 20 min will start again
1997 Jeep Wrangler Problems
Water can leak near the A-pillar, at the front edge of the driver and passenger side doors. An improved seal is available.
The throttle position sensor (TPS) may fail causing intermittent drivability problems like hard starting, stalling, and/or hesitation when accelerating. A failed TPS will require replacement, proper diagnoses should always be performed before replacing any parts.
Loose or worn suspension and steering components can cause a wobble or shaking in the steering wheel. It may happen at a certain speed and subside as the vehicle accelerates through the range. Tire balance can contribute to this as well.
1997 Jeep Wrangler Questions
1997 jeep wrangler sport
4.0 inline 6 cyl / 5-speed transmission,
just bought jeep wrangler. when started today loud ticking in top half of engine. didnt notice it yesterday but very noticeable with hood up. no check engine light on.
1997 Jeep Wrangler Recalls
Chrysler is recalling certain 1997 Dodge Dakota, Neon, and Viper; Jeep Grand Cherokee and Wrangler; and Plymouth Neon models because the air bag may deploy without warning when the ignition switch is turned off. Unexpected air bag deployment can result in occupant injury. Dealers will replace the air bag control module.
1997 Jeep Wrangler Reviews
I have had my wrangler since 1997 and it has been great. I hope to drive it another 10-15 years
Bought the car in 2005 and put about 38K milesfor a total of 139K miles on it, Great looking vehicle with the top off, but By far the worst car ever hat and I had 12 of them in term of repairs and the car was never offroad so I can't blame it on that, Brakes replaced five times;Pads & rotors and twice shoes and the front rotors and pads are ready for replacement, Cat converter replaced 3 times...