1992 Jeep Wrangler Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Jeep Wrangler
- Why does it crank and crank and crank but will not start?
- Had issues with it dying, Neighbor jumped it and replaced battery. Now, won't start at all. Turns over, fuel pump doesn't run unless I jumper the relay, still won't run. No spark that I can tell. Checked and replaced blown fuses and bad ECM.
- engine misfires or misses under load.
- engine starts & idles great but seems to run out of gas when the throttle is app
- starts good when cold but after warmed up its hard to start
1992 Jeep Wrangler Problems
The throttle position sensor (TPS) may fail causing intermittent drivability problems like hard starting, stalling, and/or hesitation when accelerating. A failed TPS will require replacement, proper diagnoses should always be performed before replacing any parts.
A ticking type noise may be noted from the engine area due to an exhaust manifold that has cracked where the pipes are welded; cracked manifolds should be replaced.
1992 Jeep Wrangler Questions
I replaced the ECU, battery is fine also no diagnostic codes come up except code for battery recently disconnected. Please help. I ain't no mechanic. Thank you!
Engine fires on all 4 cylinders and has good fuel pressure running in neutral at the curb, both at idle and full RPM, but will miss and surge in gear under a load (while driving).
just had head gasket replaced ,after i got it back from the auto shop, use to start good hot or cold ever with bad head gasket.