1992 Jeep Wrangler Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Jeep Wrangler
- Had issues with it dying, Neighbor jumped it and replaced battery. Now, won't start at all. Turns over, fuel pump doesn't run unless I jumper the relay, still won't run. No spark that I can tell. Checked and replaced blown fuses and bad ECM.
- engine misfires or misses under load.
- engine starts & idles great but seems to run out of gas when the throttle is app
- starts good when cold but after warmed up its hard to start
- what do I need to bring my jeep to you
1992 Jeep Wrangler Problems
The throttle position sensor (TPS) may fail causing intermittent drivability problems like hard starting, stalling, and/or hesitation when accelerating. A failed TPS will require replacement, proper diagnoses should always be performed before replacing any parts.
A ticking type noise may be noted from the engine area due to an exhaust manifold that has cracked where the pipes are welded; cracked manifolds should be replaced.
1992 Jeep Wrangler Questions
Engine fires on all 4 cylinders and has good fuel pressure running in neutral at the curb, both at idle and full RPM, but will miss and surge in gear under a load (while driving).
just had head gasket replaced ,after i got it back from the auto shop, use to start good hot or cold ever with bad head gasket.
its a 1992 jeep wrangler bought in Oregon we live in California cant get it smog b/c it came from Canada ca dmv said I have to take it to you but no shops around here wont let it smoged