1990 Jeep Wrangler Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Jeep Wrangler
- What is the sheet metal body part called located under the windshield seal? And what if you have 2 different bills u paid for is the same job the first mech performed?
- Front differential, 4-wheel drive in gear, shaft turning; but wheels don't turn.
- ive got a 66 cj-5 that no matter what ive done still get water in the oil
- Wrangler carb needs to be sprayed in order to start. Any ideas?
- my 1979 CJ-7's 304 is worn out. What engine would be a good replacement?
1990 Jeep Wrangler Problems
The throttle position sensor (TPS) may fail causing intermittent drivability problems like hard starting, stalling, and/or hesitation when accelerating. A failed TPS will require replacement, proper diagnoses should always be performed before replacing any parts.
Due to warped front brake rotors or variations in the thickness of the rotors, brake pulsations may develop. The best method to reduce pulsations is to use an "On the Car" brake lathe (as long as the rotors are suitable for turning). "On the Car" equipment can correct variations (or "runout") in the rotor surfaces because it also corrects variations in other components (e.g. the hub).
1990 Jeep Wrangler Questions
I had a machine shop check and shave the heads , I also replaced the intake manifold gasket and head gaskets and still get water in the oil. this jeep has the AMC 304 motor in it . any ideas?
Is it best to rebuild or replace? (The "tell us your car" info is incorrect)
Every time I try give gas to go faster it. It doesn't pick up speed. Or when I try to go up a hill I give gas and does same thing.