2006 Jeep Liberty Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Jeep Liberty
- interior light question
- for my shift gear as a sign says apply brakes what do that mean
- Tilt steering wheel is locked in up position. How can I unluck it?
- Everyone who is having the misfire problems with their Jeeps and Rpm above 1500
- Why would 2 year old battery stop holding a charge all of the sudden
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Jeep Liberty Problems
An engine misfire at idle (rough idle), accompanied by illumination or flashing of the Check Engine Light, could indicate a problem with one or more of the intake valves. Revised intake valves & valve locks are available to address this concern.
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Low fluid level in the differential or transfer case can result in bearing failure. Damaged bearings commonly cause a whine or growl type noise.
2006 Jeep Liberty Questions
I never noticed a little sign on the shift gear saying apply brakes
Check your Catalytic Converters. I just had to replace my
engine and never thought to check the exhaust system. If I had my engine would not of blown and I would not of spent a fortune on Coil packs.
In the last 2 wseks after I had front/read brakes replaced, front rotors, and serpentine belt. The battery is 2 years old and out of nowhere even when driven enough to charge - it wont turn over. Portable charger states it is charging. As well the second time this happened the mpg went from 18.2 ...
2006 Jeep Liberty Recalls
It has been determined the fuel tank in these vehicles is at risk of leakage during a rear end collision. To correct this concern dealers will inspect the rear of the vehicle and perform one of the following: A Chrysler designed tow hitch will be installed on vehicles not equipped with a tow hitch, provided the condition of the vehicles can support support proper installation. The tow hitch on vehicles already equipped will be inspected and replaced and/or repaired as necessary, again provided the vehicle is sound and can support proper instillation.
On certain vehicles equipped with Valeo heating and air conditioning systems, the blower motor may overheat, causing an interior fire. The Chrysler recall # is G03
2006 Jeep Liberty Reviews
have 06 liberty rear main seal gone front drive shaft bearings gone plus allthe windows had to fix plus front oil seal what could be next
I have had my jeep since October of 2006. Bought it with 10,000 miles now has 108,000 and not a single problem with this vehicle. Being frequent travelers across the country alot of it is highway miles. Today I have to go and replace my battery. All I do is normal oil change every 8-10 thousand miles. I will say out of all the cars I have owned Jeep has the best quality made cars. As long as yo...