2005 Jeep Liberty Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Jeep Liberty
- 2005 jeep liberty won't turn over, my mechanic used a hot relay and said starter
- Vehicle Engine Lite is on with code P0420
- 3.7 has a knock pulled valve cover and found bent intake valves and loose timing
- check engine light came on got code P0305
- I have replaced the spark plugs and oil change twice, and it still runs rough.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2005 Jeep Liberty Problems
An engine misfire at idle (rough idle), accompanied by illumination or flashing of the Check Engine Light, could indicate a problem with one or more of the intake valves. Revised intake valves & valve locks are available to address this concern.
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Low fluid level in the differential or transfer case can result in bearing failure. Damaged bearings commonly cause a whine or growl type noise.
2005 Jeep Liberty Questions
Dealer stated the Catalytic Converter need to be replaced but the work order does not say anything about the O2 sensors. The cost of the repair is $1675, but will this solve the real problem
Chain. Please give me an estimate for repairs
when i did the turn key three times to see what code i got after my check engine light came on got this code P0305 do you know what that could be causing that?
2005 Jeep Liberty Recalls
It has been determined the fuel tank in these vehicles is at risk of leakage during a rear end collision. To correct this concern dealers will inspect the rear of the vehicle and perform one of the following: A Chrysler designed tow hitch will be installed on vehicles not equipped with a tow hitch, provided the condition of the vehicles can support support proper installation. The tow hitch on vehicles already equipped will be inspected and replaced and/or repaired as necessary, again provided the vehicle is sound and can support proper instillation.
Certain vehicles sold in, or currently registered in, states where road salt is commonly used to de-ice the roads are being recalled because the rear suspension lower control arm may fracture due to excessive corrosion. A fracture of the rear lower control arm may result in a loss of vehicle control, which can lead to a vehicle crash. Dealers will replace the rear lower control arms on all affected vehicles originally sold in, or currently registered in the National Highway Traffic & Safety Administration (NHTSA) defined "Salt Belt" states. The Chrysler recall number is L27.
2005 Jeep Liberty Reviews
I have this jeep, so far I have had to replace rear window assembly, all new rotors and brakes, struts rear shocks, new a/c compressor, gas milage sucks, but power still there at 145,000 miles. The only problem i have now is steering. When im driving and turn rigt or left it sounds like its scraping, like when you go over a bump the front end sounds like a carriage, that needs to be oiled. Stil...
I have a 2005 Renegade. I like the flat hood design on these off-road versions of the Liberty. Here's more proof the Liberty Jeep Renegade is practically perfect: Front-to-Rear locking differential; Jeep-worthy 4wd capability; True low range gearing; Tow bar compatible (you can disengage all four wheels from the engine by placing the x-fer case in "neutral"); Factory tow package; Light bar (...
I own the Common Rail Diesel (CRD) Version of this vehicle and I have only had this in the shop twice, both times for factory recalls. I tow a utility trailer often with this vehicle with often over 4000 lbs of cargo. I hope to keep this vehicle a long time and am very happy with it.