2003 Jeep Liberty Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Jeep Liberty
- v car vibrates with a grinding sound
- when I start the car it vibrates and has a loud grinding noise. when I accelerate the noise gets lower. back and front brakes recently changed.
- Ive tried to replace crank sensor.Very hard coming out but it will not go back
- why would my brakes heat up after they were replaced cant find anything wrong
- rear brakes after replacing drums rotor ect they now heat up
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2003 Jeep Liberty Problems
An engine misfire at idle (rough idle), accompanied by illumination or flashing of the Check Engine Light, could indicate a problem with one or more of the intake valves. Revised intake valves & valve locks are available to address this concern.
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Low fluid level in the differential or transfer case can result in bearing failure. Damaged bearings commonly cause a whine or growl type noise.
2003 Jeep Liberty Questions
When you push on the gas the popping sound gets louder ( sound like a loud motor cycle) but doesn't have much power when your driving. So have not been able to drive it. I checked inside the oil pan to see if anything got loose or broke, it all looked good and clean. It has 139700 ml on it
2003 Jeep Liberty Recalls
It has been determined the fuel tank in these vehicles is at risk of leakage during a rear end collision. To correct this concern dealers will inspect the rear of the vehicle and perform one of the following: A Chrysler designed tow hitch will be installed on vehicles not equipped with a tow hitch, provided the condition of the vehicles can support support proper installation. The tow hitch on vehicles already equipped will be inspected and replaced and/or repaired as necessary, again provided the vehicle is sound and can support proper instillation.
A component in the air bag control module may fail causing the front airbags, side curtain airbags, and/or seatbelt pretensioners to deploy inadvertently while the vehicle is being operated. Inadvertent deployment of the airbags may increase the risk of injury and the possibility of a vehicle crash. Dealers will install a supplemental wire harness to the airbag control module to correct this concern. The Chrysler recall number is M35.
2003 Jeep Liberty Reviews
I've had this vehicle for 7 months. Excellent little car, recently had a roll over with multiple rotations and I self extricated and walked away with minimal injuries!!!! looking for another Jeep, excellent safety!
This has been a great truck. I have the renegade package and I love it. I bought it new and I have only had one major problem which was fixed under warranty\recall. Only problem now is the gas mileage since gas prices have started to sore.
I have a 2003 jeep liberty and I love the truck great in so many ways,it is a 5spd manual 4dr 4x4, The problem I am having only when I back up or the truck is cold it makes a grinding sound like something under the truck wants to or is going to snap in half I have had the ball joints replaced and no I am trying to find out if anyone is having or has had the same problem and could somehow point...