2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Temperature Blend/Recirculation Doors May Fail and Cause AC Problems
- Brake Pulsations Due to Warped Front Brake Rotors
- Front and Rear Differential Pinion Seal and Transfer Case Leaks
- Replace Transmission Cooler Return Filter if it Has "AB" Suffix At End
- The Fuel Tank is Hard to Fill and/or the Fuel Fill Nozzle Shuts Off Repeatedly While Fueling
- engine light goes on and off check it code is p2181
- What would cause my 09 jeep to feels like it's going over rumble strips.
- AC is blowing hot air from the passenger side while in the driver side cold air
- Check engine light, ETC warning light come on; temp gauge drops to 0; why?
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems
Temperature blend and recirculation doors commonly fail, which can cause the AC modes not to change or the temperature to be different on the left and right sides. If replacing blend air doors, a recirculation door, a door link, or a sub-assembly housing, new heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) sub-assemblies are available that improve reliability.
Due to warped front brake rotors or variations in the thickness of the rotors, brake pulsations may develop. The best method to reduce pulsations is to use an "On the Car" brake lathe (as long as the rotors are suitable for turning). "On the Car" equipment can correct variations (or "runout") in the rotor surfaces because it also corrects variations in other components (e.g. the hub).
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Leakage from the transfer case normally occurs at the case-mating surfaces and require removal of the transfer case to reseal.
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
Problem seems to cycle - driving along, suddenly the check engine light comes on along with the electronic throttle control warning light, as the temp gauge drops to zero - which triggers the Check Gauges warning light to come on. Drive more, stop a few times, ETC light goes off, temp gauge star...
code is p013c
it just started the other day i dont know why my esp light is on my obs light is on and oi need to know why
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls
The 4-wheel drive transfer case can direct engine power to the rear wheels only, all four wheels, or in its neutral position, non at all. These vehicles are being recalled because the transfer case can shift into its neutral position without warning. If this were to occur, engine power would not reach any of the drive wheels and the vehicle could not move under its own power. Dealers will reprogram the final drive controller which governs the transfer case to correct this concern.
Wiring may be reversed on the steering column control module driver's air bag connector and cause the driver air bag not to deploy. If the driver's air bag does not inflate when needed, the risk of injuries to the driver is increased. Dealers will inspect the driver's air bag squib wires and replace the steering column control module. The recall began in May, 2009. The recall number is J13.