2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Temperature Blend/Recirculation Doors May Fail and Cause AC Problems
- Power Window Motor May Fail Due to Regulator Assembly
- Brake Pulsations Due to Warped Front Brake Rotors
- Front and Rear Differential Pinion Seal and Transfer Case Leaks
- Replace Transmission Cooler Return Filter if it Has "AB" Suffix At End
- Have a lift gate sensor that has failed. How do I fix it?
- Shortly after startup a squealing noise appears then disappears after 5-7minutes of warmup
- My air conditioner only blows hot air out of defrost,I believe it's a sensor
- I get cool air on the driver 's side and only hot air on the passenger side.
- car is stalling out while driving.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems
Temperature blend and recirculation doors commonly fail, which can cause the AC modes not to change or the temperature to be different on the left and right sides. If replacing blend air doors, a recirculation door, a door link, or a sub-assembly housing, new heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) sub-assemblies are available that improve reliability.
Due to warped front brake rotors or variations in the thickness of the rotors, brake pulsations may develop. The best method to reduce pulsations is to use an "On the Car" brake lathe (as long as the rotors are suitable for turning). "On the Car" equipment can correct variations (or "runout") in the rotor surfaces because it also corrects variations in other components (e.g. the hub).
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
The temp knob works fine on the driver's side. The temp. Knob on the pass. Side stop to stop low stop warm, full hot stop hot,hot.
had the car checked about a month ago for same problem. They couldn't find any problem
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls
The 4-wheel drive transfer case can direct engine power to the rear wheels only, all four wheels, or in its neutral position, non at all. These vehicles are being recalled because the transfer case can shift into its neutral position without warning. If this were to occur, engine power would not reach any of the drive wheels and the vehicle could not move under its own power. Dealers will reprogram the final drive controller which governs the transfer case to correct this concern.
The front control module may have been manufactured incorrectly. As a result, the windshield wipers could fail or the engine could stall without warning, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the front control module and replace it as necessary. The recall is expected to begin on February 18, 2008. The Chrysler recall number is H03.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews
I'm a Jeep Girl. Not just because their appearance and function appeal to both my sporty and mommy lifestyle but because I have no problems with them. I have 2 active kids that push and shove and eat and carry on like demons in the car and as long as we clean up our spills, our Jeeps stay looking great and doing their job.