2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- How do you remove the drivers side interior door panel?
- Oil pressure gauge does not work and check gauges light comes on. Intermittently
- What should it cost to get the rear differential replaced?
- When in traffic stopped under the hood makes a loud roaring noise.
- engine hard to start idles rough backfires when you try to drive
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems
Temperature blend and recirculation doors commonly fail, which can cause the AC modes not to change or the temperature to be different on the left and right sides. If replacing blend air doors, a recirculation door, a door link, or a sub-assembly housing, new heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) sub-assemblies are available that improve reliability.
Due to warped front brake rotors or variations in the thickness of the rotors, brake pulsations may develop. The best method to reduce pulsations is to use an "On the Car" brake lathe (as long as the rotors are suitable for turning). "On the Car" equipment can correct variations (or "runout") in the rotor surfaces because it also corrects variations in other components (e.g. the hub).
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
This just started. When in traffic and idled under the hood makes a loud roaring noise like a jet getting ready to take off. But once I get back on the gas it goes away. Looked under the hood noticed the water pump pulley would stall and sometime quit. This morning it was 44 and the heat would no...
checked fuel pump,fuel filter ,changed throttle body fuel rail all injectors the tps, Ips,checked all coil packs would the map sensor cause this problem
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls
A component in the air bag control module may fail causing the front airbags, side curtain airbags, and/or seatbelt pretensioners to deploy inadvertently while the vehicle is being operated. Inadvertent deployment of the airbags may increase the risk of injury and the possibility of a vehicle crash. Dealers will install a supplemental wire harness to the airbag control module to correct this concern. The Chrysler recall number is M35.
Chrysler is recalling 2001-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees with heated seats and Chrysler recall no. 06V-197 completed (2003-2004 MY) or seat heater elements service replacement (2001-2002 MY). The front seat electric heater elements may overheat, which could cause a fire or injury. Dealers will replace the front seat heater elements free of charge.
Chrysler is recalling 2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees with heated seats. The front seat electric heater elements may overheat, which could cause a fire or injury. Dealers will replace the front seat heater elements free of charge.
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews
My 2004 Grand Cherokee Limited has everything you could possibly want in a car - SUV versatility, smooth handling, comfortable seats, all the bells and whistles. Have only had minor problems with it, seems normal to me, and as for a "death wobble", I drove a Pathfinder a couple of months ago with the same problem - people who think they know how to fix things and fixing the WRONG thing; it can ...
I have a 2004 jeep grand cherokee laredo and belive me will be the last jeep or chrysler i will ever buy. In the past 3 years ive spent thousands of dollars to fix it. From eletcrical,to suspension, transmition and so on. It was my biggest mistake, after it hit 75000 miles it has been a nightmare
i have had the rotors cut @ 14k, new rotors @ 16k, new pads @ 21k, and now at 22k it looks like rotors either need cut or replaced again. this model seems to eat rotors. i would like to hear from any other owners with the same issue.