2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Power Window Motor May Fail Due to Regulator Assembly
- Temperature Blend/Recirculation Doors May Fail and Cause AC Problems
- Brake Pulsations Due to Warped Front Brake Rotors
- Front and Rear Differential Pinion Seal and Transfer Case Leaks
- Loose/Worn Suspension/Steering Components May Cause Wobble in Steering Wheel
- engine won't idle, stalls when gas pedal is released
- scanner says connection error &no fuel to engine
- Hi my 04 jeep grand cherokee v8 ho has thsi moaning noise
- When idling (with foot on break), Jeep revs (the thermostat exceeds 210) quickly
- Backup lights do not work. Everything else is fine. How can I fix this?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems
Temperature blend and recirculation doors commonly fail, which can cause the AC modes not to change or the temperature to be different on the left and right sides. If replacing blend air doors, a recirculation door, a door link, or a sub-assembly housing, new heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) sub-assemblies are available that improve reliability.
Due to warped front brake rotors or variations in the thickness of the rotors, brake pulsations may develop. The best method to reduce pulsations is to use an "On the Car" brake lathe (as long as the rotors are suitable for turning). "On the Car" equipment can correct variations (or "runout") in the rotor surfaces because it also corrects variations in other components (e.g. the hub).
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
to start the engine need to depress gas peddle slightly, when pedal is released engine stalls
Cant tell where it comes from i just changed the back wheel bearing and noe i hear this moaning noise when i go 30 mph or more i put 75/ 90 gear oil i also have a sign of the pinion seal leaking on the front do you think it might be that.. How can i tell what the problem is
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls
A component in the air bag control module may fail causing the front airbags, side curtain airbags, and/or seatbelt pretensioners to deploy inadvertently while the vehicle is being operated. Inadvertent deployment of the airbags may increase the risk of injury and the possibility of a vehicle crash. Dealers will install a supplemental wire harness to the airbag control module to correct this concern. The Chrysler recall number is M35.
Chrysler is recalling 2001-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees with heated seats and Chrysler recall no. 06V-197 completed (2003-2004 MY) or seat heater elements service replacement (2001-2002 MY). The front seat electric heater elements may overheat, which could cause a fire or injury. Dealers will replace the front seat heater elements free of charge.
Chrysler is recalling 2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees with heated seats. The front seat electric heater elements may overheat, which could cause a fire or injury. Dealers will replace the front seat heater elements free of charge.
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews
My 2004 Grand Cherokee Limited has everything you could possibly want in a car - SUV versatility, smooth handling, comfortable seats, all the bells and whistles. Have only had minor problems with it, seems normal to me, and as for a "death wobble", I drove a Pathfinder a couple of months ago with the same problem - people who think they know how to fix things and fixing the WRONG thing; it can ...
I have a 2004 jeep grand cherokee laredo and belive me will be the last jeep or chrysler i will ever buy. In the past 3 years ive spent thousands of dollars to fix it. From eletcrical,to suspension, transmition and so on. It was my biggest mistake, after it hit 75000 miles it has been a nightmare
Overall a good car with 120K miles on it. Tranny sometimes does nor shift immediately from park to drive after sitting for several hours. Pressing on the gas lightly solves this.