2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Power Window Motor May Fail Due to Regulator Assembly
- Temperature Blend/Recirculation Doors May Fail and Cause AC Problems
- Brake Pulsations Due to Warped Front Brake Rotors
- Front and Rear Differential Pinion Seal and Transfer Case Leaks
- Loose/Worn Suspension/Steering Components May Cause Wobble in Steering Wheel
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems
Temperature blend and recirculation doors commonly fail, which can cause the AC modes not to change or the temperature to be different on the left and right sides. If replacing blend air doors, a recirculation door, a door link, or a sub-assembly housing, new heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) sub-assemblies are available that improve reliability.
Due to warped front brake rotors or variations in the thickness of the rotors, brake pulsations may develop. The best method to reduce pulsations is to use an "On the Car" brake lathe (as long as the rotors are suitable for turning). "On the Car" equipment can correct variations (or "runout") in the rotor surfaces because it also corrects variations in other components (e.g. the hub).
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
This is the first time the engine shut engine off to cool and add water until I could get to coolant. Now the jeep will not turn over. Battery is holding charge. no leak in the radiator. Took to Autozone and Checkers and it is not pulling ANY codes! Help! The crank shaft sensor was changed out a ...
When I put It in reverse it doesn't move. But when I put it in drive it go but stay in first gear. What is the proble?
Someone rear ended my dads jeep didn't really damage the outside of the door besides a small dint.. It opens but it doesn't open how it should. Is there a way to fix it or do we have to replace the whole door. Need answers!
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls
A component in the air bag control module may fail causing the front airbags, side curtain airbags, and/or seatbelt pretensioners to deploy inadvertently while the vehicle is being operated. Inadvertent deployment of the airbags may increase the risk of injury and the possibility of a vehicle crash. Dealers will install a supplemental wire harness to the airbag control module to correct this concern. The Chrysler recall number is M35.
Chrysler is recalling 2001-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees with heated seats and Chrysler recall no. 06V-197 completed (2003-2004 MY) or seat heater elements service replacement (2001-2002 MY). The front seat electric heater elements may overheat, which could cause a fire or injury. Dealers will replace the front seat heater elements free of charge.
Chrysler is recalling 2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees with heated seats. The front seat electric heater elements may overheat, which could cause a fire or injury. Dealers will replace the front seat heater elements free of charge.
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews
OMG!!! This vehicle is a piece of crap. nothing but problems since being purchased. will never ever buy jeep again.
Good solid vehicle.
I have a 2003 Gran erokee Jeep @ 143,000 miles. I took my car into the shop and they think it needs an ignition coul or a computer. The car is running rough. It starts but when it gets warm it cuts off. If changed from park to reverse it will cut off.