2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- After and accident i had to replace the front axle assembly with a used one Soon after a loud humming/moaning noise was coming from that area.Had wheel bearing replaced but still noisy.Is it a gear or bearing that could be cause of noise?
- My heater AC unit produces hot or cold air but it doesnt blow out of the vents.
- Heater stuck on defrost
- Cost to replace heater core with labor included
- in order to replace the rear axle seals on a 2004 jeep grand cherokee do i have
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems
Temperature blend and recirculation doors commonly fail, which can cause the AC modes not to change or the temperature to be different on the left and right sides. If replacing blend air doors, a recirculation door, a door link, or a sub-assembly housing, new heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) sub-assemblies are available that improve reliability.
Due to warped front brake rotors or variations in the thickness of the rotors, brake pulsations may develop. The best method to reduce pulsations is to use an "On the Car" brake lathe (as long as the rotors are suitable for turning). "On the Car" equipment can correct variations (or "runout") in the rotor surfaces because it also corrects variations in other components (e.g. the hub).
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
Was told it was bearing noise but the more i have read and did describe to a friend who said sounds like a gear.One mechanic said would have to take apart to find bad bearing.Another said would have to take apart and replace all bearings because another could go bad after repair.Not sure what to ...
No matter where know is only comes out defroster. Used to change modes by itself on hills or accelerating.
to replace the axle bearings as well ??
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls
Chrysler is recalling 2001-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees with heated seats and Chrysler recall no. 06V-197 completed (2003-2004 MY) or seat heater elements service replacement (2001-2002 MY). The front seat electric heater elements may overheat, which could cause a fire or injury. Dealers will replace the front seat heater elements free of charge.
The design of the intake and exhaust manifolds allow for debris collection in the area of the number three cylinder. This may cause a fire hazard. Dealers will install a manifold shield to modify air flow characteristics to prevent debris accumulation.
Chrysler has recalled 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokees because an internal nut in the steering gear assembly could loosen and cause the steering gear to lock up. This may reduce steering control, which can increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering gear assembly.
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews
These trucks are no good from the time my wife brought hers the thing has been no good,the back goes up on all of them and head gaskets go up in them all
Currently having trouble with the heater. Right side vents blow cold air. There is also an intermittent leak that soaks the passenger side footwell. I've replaced the transmission and both front door window gear boxes. Not real happy with the vehicle other than looks.
The right rear panel near the right rear door has developed body rust The vehicle has only 73,000 miles and wonder if Chrysler has addressed this. A dealer has said there is no recall but I am wondering if others have this problem as I see many, many same year and type Cherokee without this problem, Seems to me that a water leak has somehow found its way in and to repair it a body shop said it ...