2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Power Window Motor May Fail Due to Regulator Assembly
- Temperature Blend/Recirculation Doors May Fail and Cause AC Problems
- Brake Pulsations Due to Warped Front Brake Rotors
- Front and Rear Differential Pinion Seal and Transfer Case Leaks
- Loose/Worn Suspension/Steering Components May Cause Wobble in Steering Wheel
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems
Temperature blend and recirculation doors commonly fail, which can cause the AC modes not to change or the temperature to be different on the left and right sides. If replacing blend air doors, a recirculation door, a door link, or a sub-assembly housing, new heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) sub-assemblies are available that improve reliability.
Due to warped front brake rotors or variations in the thickness of the rotors, brake pulsations may develop. The best method to reduce pulsations is to use an "On the Car" brake lathe (as long as the rotors are suitable for turning). "On the Car" equipment can correct variations (or "runout") in the rotor surfaces because it also corrects variations in other components (e.g. the hub).
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
4.0L straight 6... after sitting for twenty minutes or more, the jeep won't start unless you give it a little gas. Once running, I have to hold gas at appropriate idle or it dies. After a few minutes of this, it stays running, and works absolutely fine until it sits again. If I shut it off, ...
I just purchased this Jeep with the Airbag light on? I ordered a used Airbag Control Module to install. If that doesn't work, what else is recommended. I am having doubts that it is the CLock Spring, cause my horn and cruise works fine. Any advice please?
It's been running good during cold weather but lately , it will get warm and just shut down for no reason ? It seems to be getting worst, I've been driving on highway and vaguest will go to zero and a light will come on , a circle with a key inside of it and a diagonal line through it...
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls
Chrysler has recalled 2000 and 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokees because the plastic blades of the electric motor driven cooling fan may separate and penetrate the shroud. If this occurs while the hood is open, a person in the vicinity may be struck by the blade and possibly injured. Dealers will replace the electric cooling fan modules free of charge.
The design of the intake and exhaust manifolds allow for debris collection in the area of the number three cylinder. This may cause a fire hazard. Dealers will install a manifold shield to modify air flow characteristics to prevent debris accumulation.
Chrysler has recalled 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokees because some of these vehicles may have been built with suspect vent tube welds in the fuel tank. If the vent tube weld separates, it can result in a fuel leak, which in the presence of an ignition source, may result in a fire. Dealers will replace fuel tanks on affected vehicles.
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews
I love my 2000 Grand Cherokee with v6 engine. I bought it used back in 2005 with about 50k miles. Its been great! It has 233k miles and still start right up. Only major component if have changed is a starter.
This is a very good vehical so far I only had it for two months and it's giving me the cofidents that it will meet all my expectation
The jeep year of 2000 is in great shape.