1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- I have a check engine light and code p1491. Where should I start?
- what would be the estimate for the rear crankshaft seal replacement including labor?
- The rear brake lite works off and on. Acts like short "inside" the bulb holder.
- Can i put in any pcm from jeep thats got the three hookups in my 02 grand cherok
- 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee electronic electronic/no cap distributer.how to install?
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems
Temperature blend and recirculation doors commonly fail, which can cause the AC modes not to change or the temperature to be different on the left and right sides. If replacing blend air doors, a recirculation door, a door link, or a sub-assembly housing, new heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) sub-assemblies are available that improve reliability.
Due to warped front brake rotors or variations in the thickness of the rotors, brake pulsations may develop. The best method to reduce pulsations is to use an "On the Car" brake lathe (as long as the rotors are suitable for turning). "On the Car" equipment can correct variations (or "runout") in the rotor surfaces because it also corrects variations in other components (e.g. the hub).
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
Do I need a new fan or are there other things to check first?
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls
The design of the intake and exhaust manifolds allow for debris collection in the area of the number three cylinder. This may cause a fire hazard. Dealers will install a manifold shield to modify air flow characteristics to prevent debris accumulation.