1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Jeep has inconsistent start. Used ether and it started but won't stay running.
- My ABS light keeps coming on. How do I disconnect the ABS system?
- How can I disable my ABS brakes so I can just use my regular brakes?
- After some distance when turned off and restarted jeep has a shake to it
- 1994 grand cherokee air condition problem
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems
Due to warped front brake rotors or variations in the thickness of the rotors, brake pulsations may develop. The best method to reduce pulsations is to use an "On the Car" brake lathe (as long as the rotors are suitable for turning). "On the Car" equipment can correct variations (or "runout") in the rotor surfaces because it also corrects variations in other components (e.g. the hub).
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Leakage from the transfer case normally occurs at the case-mating surfaces and require removal of the transfer case to reseal.
Loose or worn suspension and steering components can cause a wobble or shaking in the steering wheel. It may happen at a certain speed and subside as the vehicle accelerates through the range. Tire balance can contribute to this as well.
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
While I am driving the light comes on during which time my brake pedal vibrates and the brakes don't work. When the light goes off the brakes work again.
It's like it's missing but only does this on long trips AFTER turning off and restarting. If we let jeep cool down it starts and runs fine.
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls
It has been determined the fuel tank in these vehicles is at risk of leakage during a rear end collision. To correct this concern dealers will inspect the rear of the vehicle and perform one of the following: A Chrysler designed tow hitch will be installed on vehicles not equipped with a tow hitch, provided the condition of the vehicles can support support proper installation. The tow hitch on vehicles already equipped will be inspected and replaced and/or repaired as necessary, again provided the vehicle is sound and can support proper instillation.
Chrysler has recalled 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokees because if a driver has not placed the shifter lever fully into the "Park" position and leaves the vehicle running, the vehicle may unexpectedly move rearward. This may result in a crash. Dealers will install a secondary detent system to the floor shifter assembly.
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews
Bought this black and gold beauty new in 1994 for my wife. It was our first new car and will be our last. I just bought her a 2007 black Commander so I can keep the Grand Cherokee. The two black Jeeps look very classy in our garage. For 17 years it has been faithful. We live in a rural area with lots of snow and 3 miles of back roads to town. The Jeep was the right choice. It has been trouble...
This car was garaged by the original owner and then sold 3 years ago to my friend who in turn sold it to me but after she drove down to mexico about 2 hours past cancun. since I bought it 2 years ago I have had to have the water pump replaced. Now that I have been experiencing the death wobble I have replaced the stabalizer bar and tie rods and had an alignment ...did'nt work. So I'm goin...
The only problem I have had was with the alarm system. Baught it used with 103000 miles. Restored the farm house with and cleared 4 acres with it. It now has 198000 mile on looks great. Previous owner service it well and I cotinued the same oil changed every 3000 miles. Did have to replace all disc and calipers the were just worn out but you have to stop. Oh did I mention I was pulling a trail...