Explore Your 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for the 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Brake Pulsations Due to Warped Front Brake Rotors
- Front and Rear Differential Pinion Seal and Transfer Case Leaks
- Loose/Worn Suspension/Steering Components May Cause Wobble in Steering Wheel
- AC Blower May Only Work on High or Melt Connector at Blower
- HVAC Air Flow Switching to Defrost When Accelerating
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
- Fairfax Auto Repair (703) 596-4643 | 18.09mi
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems
Due to warped front brake rotors or variations in the thickness of the rotors, brake pulsations may develop. The best method to reduce pulsations is to use an "On the Car" brake lathe (as long as the rotors are suitable for turning). "On the Car" equipment can correct variations (or "runout") in the rotor surfaces because it also corrects variations in other components (e.g. the hub).
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Leakage from the transfer case normally occurs at the case-mating surfaces and require removal of the transfer case to reseal.
Loose or worn suspension and steering components can cause a wobble or shaking in the steering wheel. It may happen at a certain speed and subside as the vehicle accelerates through the range. Tire balance can contribute to this as well.
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
What is the problem? How much will it cost to fix? I just spent 356 to replace the water pump.
There is a chirping sound that comes from the valve cover. It starts when the vehicle is cold, then when I accelerate, it gets louder, but once the engine warms up, it goes away and does not come back until the vehicle is cold again.
the alternator and starter are in good condition. What is the problem?
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls
It has been determined the fuel tank in these vehicles is at risk of leakage during a rear end collision. To correct this concern dealers will inspect the rear of the vehicle and perform one of the following: A Chrysler designed tow hitch will be installed on vehicles not equipped with a tow hitch, provided the condition of the vehicles can support support proper installation. The tow hitch on vehicles already equipped will be inspected and replaced and/or repaired as necessary, again provided the vehicle is sound and can support proper instillation.
Chrysler has recalled 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokees because if a driver has not placed the shifter lever fully into the "Park" position and leaves the vehicle running, the vehicle may unexpectedly move rearward. This may result in a crash. Dealers will install a secondary detent system to the floor shifter assembly.
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews
1993 grand cherokee. I bought it at a auction in December 1994. I now have 450,000 miles on it. It has original drive train. the rear diferential was rebuilt 20,ooo miles ago. I drive the car every day. the oil is changed every 2,000 miles. It is the best car I have ever owned.
I bought a 1993 jeep grand cherokee lorado 4 wheel drive 4.0 engine.. so far I have replaced the starter,generator,2 pullys all radiator hoses and radiator,battery,u-joints ball joints track bar bearings steeering stableizer, struts, controller bar, rotors brakes twice, rebuilt the transmission,replace the controle module for the transmission twice,the hood cable,the wiper motor for the hatch,t...