2007 Jeep Commander Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Jeep Commander
- 1and 3 cylnder leaking coolant in head what would be cost for repair
- Why do i have water leaking on my passenger side floor board?
- AC leake left drive wather
- u1411 and U1403 codes, no start ,no dash lights, no window or sunroof power,
- Oil spaying out someone said it was the oil cooler could this be the problem
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2007 Jeep Commander Problems
A water leak from the sunroof and/or headliner is often caused by clogged or misrouted sunroof drain tubes. Inspecting the sunroof drain tubes should be the first step in checking for the cause of these type of water leaks.
The service 4WD system light may illuminate with no fault codes stored in the final drive control module (FDCM). Our technicians tell us a software update for the FDCM is available to correct this concern.
2007 Jeep Commander Questions
2007 jeep commanader oil light came on saw oil on the ground someone advised it was the oil cooler please advise me.
This message is on the CarFax of the 07 Jeep Commander I am thinking of buying for my daughter. The jeep has 63,000 mile and the transmission was service with the message at 55,000 and 14,000.
Is this a concern?
It does it only when I drive over things
2007 Jeep Commander Recalls
The 4-wheel drive transfer case can direct engine power to the rear wheels only, all four wheels, or in its neutral position, non at all. These vehicles are being recalled because the transfer case can shift into its neutral position without warning. If this were to occur, engine power would not reach any of the drive wheels and the vehicle could not move under its own power. Dealers will reprogram the final drive controller which governs the transfer case to correct this concern.
Chrysler has recalled 2006-2007 Jeep Commanders and 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokees because the software programmed into the ABS electronic control module may allow a momentary delay in braking when coasting up a hill during certain conditions. This may cause a crash. Dealers will reprogram the ABS electronic control module with new software.
Some brake calipers may be made of an improper iron material. These brake calipers may fracture and cause brake loss. Dealers will inspect and replace affected calipers. The Jeep recall number is G35. This recall began on October 22, 2007.
2007 Jeep Commander Reviews
I bought my 2007 Jeep Commander July 2010 and I love this vehicle. I didn't do any work on this vehicle, other than regular maintenance like oil changes, filter replacements, and tire rotations, until about a month ago. I have replaced my thermostat and literally, today purchased a new set of brakes and 2 new tires for the front of the Jeep. I have heard horror stories about Jeeps and I have...
I bought a 2007 Jeep Commander. It will be the first and last Jeep I buy. It stalls out going down the road or parked in idle. Had some injectors and spark plugs replaced but didn't fix a thing. I noticed recalls on Jeep Commanders built before January 2006 for PCM reprogramming due to stalling but nothing for later models. I suspect it's the same problem. There is a recall for a power tr...
Same story here...bought the 2007 "Rocky Mountain" edition in 2010 and truly love the vehicle. I haven't had any issues until recently. The transmission is failing to shift correctly between 1st gear and 2nd? It slams into 2nd gear under any sort of acceleration. Jeep flashed transmission with updated program but same story. Jeep has no fix other than a new trans for 3K!! It doesn't affec...