2006 Jeep Commander Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Jeep Commander
- E-brake dont work when pulled it vehicle still moving either forward or reverse.
- The Dash board lights flicker a couple of times, then go completely out?
- Suddenly, it happen twice all the lights on the dashboard started blinking like a Christmas tree. (engine, air bags, ....) Now, it is back to normal again.
- The A vents on the drivers side blow cold air ok. The A vents on the passenger?
- what recalls are open on my car?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Jeep Commander Problems
A water leak from the sunroof and/or headliner is often caused by clogged or misrouted sunroof drain tubes. Inspecting the sunroof drain tubes should be the first step in checking for the cause of these type of water leaks.
The service 4WD system light may illuminate with no fault codes stored in the final drive control module (FDCM). Our technicians tell us a software update for the FDCM is available to correct this concern.
2006 Jeep Commander Questions
This has happened a couple of times and affects the entire dash board...including all gauges. With in a few seconds everything returns to normal...except the engine light which remains on for some time.
If it is the cowl drain, where is the drain located?
I tow my Commander behind my Motor Home. I follow exactly the procedure for towing, but it often will not to into neutral.
I end up with a bill for resetting the computer. Also the Service 4 Wheel Drive light comes on when I am just driving.
2006 Jeep Commander Recalls
The 4-wheel drive transfer case can direct engine power to the rear wheels only, all four wheels, or in its neutral position, non at all. These vehicles are being recalled because the transfer case can shift into its neutral position without warning. If this were to occur, engine power would not reach any of the drive wheels and the vehicle could not move under its own power. Dealers will reprogram the final drive controller which governs the transfer case to correct this concern.
Improper programming in the PCM powertrain control module may case the engine to stall. This could cause a crash. The dealer will reprogram affected units. The Chrysler recall # is H19
Chrysler has recalled 2006-2007 Jeep Commanders and 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokees because the software programmed into the ABS electronic control module may allow a momentary delay in braking when coasting up a hill during certain conditions. This may cause a crash. Dealers will reprogram the ABS electronic control module with new software.
2006 Jeep Commander Reviews
I have the Limited with the Hemi and towing package. It tows great! I have issues however, with the electrical side of this car since the day I bought it and no one will fix it. It now turns off and on randomly while driving down the interstate at 70 miles an hour or on a side street at 40 mph. All the dash lights flash and click, the car shuts off, then occasionally, it turns itself right...
I Love this vehicle except for the electronic controls on the engine and the brakes wear quickly particularly the rear brakes. The fly-by-wire throttle is too slow to react and lacks adequate feel. It is a major source of frustration. I had to replace the rear brake pads at forty thousand miles and now again at seventy five thousand. This is the first vehicle I have owned that wears the rea...
2006 commander My jeep has been showing transmission over temp off and on. I feel it tugging when driving, we've had the transmission fluid replaced but still showing sign and tugging. I would not buy another jeep. These cars are not cheap and I can see myself spending a lot of money on transmission repairs, who knows what's next.