1998 Jeep Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Jeep Cherokee
- I parked my cherokee 98 last night. Nextday just cranks but doesnt start. Changed tne coil, CPS, pickup coil and still nothing. All fuses are ok. Checked all grounds, still nothing. The fuel pump isnt running either. Can it be the computer?
- Why my cherokee wont start?Changed CPS, coil,pickupcoil and no spak firing
- Why dont i have air coming from my front fans only the defrost fan in my jeep?
- jeep rpms went down then died. Wont start now,whats wrong? Its a 98 cher sport!
- help please does any one know if the engine computer it has 3 will it stop jeep
1998 Jeep Cherokee Problems
A ticking type noise may be noted from the engine area due to an exhaust manifold that has cracked where the pipes are welded; cracked manifolds should be replaced.
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Leakage from the transfer case normally occurs at the case-mating surfaces and require removal of the transfer case to reseal.
1998 Jeep Cherokee Questions
Also the fuel pump its dead. I checked all fuses and all are in good chape. Can it be the computer?
Ever since i bought my jeep the front fans/blowers dont work just the defrost works. Thats the only place that heat and some what air comes out of. And its getting to hot now to be riding around with no air and a 8month old in the car
1998 Jeep Cherokee Recalls
1998 Jeep Cherokee Reviews
have trouble with turn signals blinkers dont work when break is applied
My jeep has 104k constant issues im a chevy guy got a jeep cuz my frind has many parts im ready to burn this pos to the ground will never buy another jeep
I just bought a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I love it. It was a good buy and I had to put some money into it (rear differential, muffler), but it runs like a top. The transmission jerks a little when I put it in reverse...will have that checked out within the next month. Love It Love It Love It.