1997 Jeep Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Jeep Cherokee
- it will cut off when driving the RPM's drop and then dies
- Why does my jeep keep dieing while driving shows po123
- Shift lever goes in park ,reverse ,drive, etc.,but transmission doesn't do anything
- Can the crankshaft sensor be affected by the cold weather?
- I am stunned that no one has even a hint of an answer for my problem
1997 Jeep Cherokee Problems
A ticking type noise may be noted from the engine area due to an exhaust manifold that has cracked where the pipes are welded; cracked manifolds should be replaced.
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Leakage from the transfer case normally occurs at the case-mating surfaces and require removal of the transfer case to reseal.
1997 Jeep Cherokee Questions
Whyis this? What is broken? Car can be moved in park I have to use emergency brake.
I thought this site was for real but I was wrong & most people only want answers but forget helping the other person-
1997 Jeep Cherokee Recalls
1997 Jeep Cherokee Reviews
'97 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4. cherry red. This vehicle has been in my family for 13 years. 3 of which it has belonged to me. I have loved it from the day my parents brought it home in '98. It may not be the prettiest vehicle around by now, but I can say that even if there is rain sleet or snow out it gets me where i need to go! It may be old but it definitely makes me proud to be a jeep owner. ...