1996 Jeep Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Jeep Cherokee
- One mechanic told me that I needed to replace the transfer case assembly which he would charge $1994, plus replace the front axle seals and replace the cv boots for an additional $1600. He said this was urgent and that I needed to do this right away.
- cant figure out the wires
- while driving rpms went really high then back down,then could only go about 25
- I have a code reading p0340,is this a part I can only get from dealer
- just install new blower motor and wheel it makes noise when running please help
1996 Jeep Cherokee Problems
A ticking type noise may be noted from the engine area due to an exhaust manifold that has cracked where the pipes are welded; cracked manifolds should be replaced.
1996 Jeep Cherokee Questions
He also added and additional 3626.07 as additional work that needed to be done . Is replacing the transfer case assembly a safety issue that I need to fix right away?
1996 Jeep Cherokee Recalls
U.S. Drive Right is recalling 897 imported Jeep Cherokee vehicles because they were sold without the required third (center mounted) brake light. This could result in reduced visibility, increasing the risk of a crash. Vehicle owners should receive a third brake light and installation kit in the mail, along with instructions to have the vehicle repaired by a qualified mechanic of their choice, free of charge. This recall is expected to begin by June 11, 2011.
1996 Jeep Cherokee Reviews
Have had minor issues with my 96 Cherokee Classic. Overall, I love the thing. I'm currently fighting an overheating issue, which hopefully will turn out to have been only a radiator problem. I want to get it up and going again so I can get another 100,000 out of it!
I bought my 96 jeep when it was 5 years old.Came with the 4.0 motor,auto, 4 wheel drive. It's a country model and I love it. It had belonged to a salesman ( bridge) and had 200k+ but ran great.I kept it 5 years and besides a set of tires and upkeep never turned a bolt on the body or motor. I made the mistake of selling it to my son.Had a chance to get it back last year after several owners. It ...