1992 Jeep Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Jeep Cherokee
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Jeep Cherokee Problems
A ticking type noise may be noted from the engine area due to an exhaust manifold that has cracked where the pipes are welded; cracked manifolds should be replaced.
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Leakage from the transfer case normally occurs at the case-mating surfaces and require removal of the transfer case to reseal.
1992 Jeep Cherokee Questions
gasket,exhaust manifold, oil, oil filter, coolant,injector seals, and MAP sensor. Still getting 1300 read @ 25mph. this sucks
new fuel pump
I have replaced master cylendar, wheel cylendar everything
1992 Jeep Cherokee Recalls
1992 Jeep Cherokee Reviews
I LOVE MY JEEP. PERIOD. I've owned 3-4 Jeeps now as well as quite a few others (including Toyota 4Runner, Isuzu Trooper, Ford Bronco, and a few sedans) and not a one of them could even come CLOSE to the love affair I have with my Jeeps. They're rugged, handsome, easy to maintain, and you just can't kill 'em! It's a feel-good buy for any American - is made in the good ol' USA, unwaveringly r...
Overall problem free vehicle (138,000M). Liked this one so much I also have a 98 and a 04. Just keep the maintenance up and they'll run for at least 200k.