1990 Jeep Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Jeep Cherokee
- Can you use front shocks from a mid 90 ram on a Cherokee ?
- My brakes were replaced but they still squeak when they are engaged. Now what?
- My rear brake lights will not work. How do you fix this?
- How do you install a brake light switch on a 1990 jeep Cherokee Laredo?
- Jeep failed emissions. What else can I do? see below
1990 Jeep Cherokee Problems
A ticking type noise may be noted from the engine area due to an exhaust manifold that has cracked where the pipes are welded; cracked manifolds should be replaced.
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Leakage from the transfer case normally occurs at the case-mating surfaces and require removal of the transfer case to reseal.
1990 Jeep Cherokee Questions
Replaced because of squealing by a friend. But they still squeak.
Failed the HC GPM. 3.7797 Limit 3.0000
Failed CO GPM 57.8648 Limit 25.0000
Before test I had spark plugs, spark plug wires, cap and rotor, new air filter, changed oil, and new oil filter.
1990 Jeep Cherokee Recalls
1990 Jeep Cherokee Reviews
Bought my 1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo new, it will be 21 years old in May, 2011. What a fantastic vehicle this has been. True, I don't drive a lot compared to most people, and the vehicle has been constantly kept in my garage when not being used. But the repairs have been few and not much above normal maintenance required. No accidents, a few very minor dings here and there, from shopping carts, ...