1990 Jeep Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Jeep Cherokee
- My jeep is a 86 2.5 it will start sometimes. When it does start it will go 5-10 mph for a short distance and then stall out and not start back up for awhile. also stalls out when at lights and etc. i know it needs a new manifold but what else???? help
- Can harmonic balance cause engine viberation at idle?
- Can you use front shocks from a mid 90 ram on a Cherokee ?
- My brakes were replaced but they still squeak when they are engaged. Now what?
- My rear brake lights will not work. How do you fix this?
1990 Jeep Cherokee Problems
A ticking type noise may be noted from the engine area due to an exhaust manifold that has cracked where the pipes are welded; cracked manifolds should be replaced.
Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Leakage from the transfer case normally occurs at the case-mating surfaces and require removal of the transfer case to reseal.
1990 Jeep Cherokee Questions
I have a new fuel pump and battery so thats not the issue.
Replaced because of squealing by a friend. But they still squeak.
1990 Jeep Cherokee Recalls
1990 Jeep Cherokee Reviews
Bought my 1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo new, it will be 21 years old in May, 2011. What a fantastic vehicle this has been. True, I don't drive a lot compared to most people, and the vehicle has been constantly kept in my garage when not being used. But the repairs have been few and not much above normal maintenance required. No accidents, a few very minor dings here and there, from shopping carts, ...