2003 Jaguar XKR Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Jaguar XKR
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Chantilly Auto Group (703) 991-4225 | 11.13mi
2003 Jaguar XKR Problems
The automatic transmission oil is synthetic and Jaguar claims it never needs changing. However, to prolong the transmission life, our technicians strongly recommend changing the automatic transmission oil at 60,000 miles.
Use only Jaguar-approved fluid and carefully follow the Jaguar instructions for refilling the transmission.
The cup holder in the front center arm rest is flimsy and may break, making it impossible to close the cup holder assembly.
2003 Jaguar XKR Questions
Car is in greast shape but transmission is shifting very rough. after it warms up the transmission smooths out. Dealer took it to have the transmission computer reset. I'm just concerned this car may have a bad transmission. Any advise is appreciated.
My car has 14K miles but is out of warranty because of age. The engine surges at 30 to 40 mph when cold for the first 5 miles. The dealer says I need a new torque converter for $3,000. This was a problem on the early 2003s. Some say to change to thinner transmission fluid. Other people say t...
2003 Jaguar XKR Recalls
On certain vehicles with automatic transmissions, with a forward "Drive" gear selected and the vehicle stationary or in forward motion, the transmission could potentially select "Reverse" without warning. This could result in a crash. Dealers will reprogram the Transmission Control Module to fix the issue. The recall began on May 1, 2004. The Jaguar recall number is R513.