2002 Jaguar XKR Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Jaguar XKR
- The car starts then dies. Does this for awhile.
- when I push the lock button on keyless control I hear alarm go on but the doors
- How can i found out if my 2002 XKR engine has the plastic tensioners?
- after cars running for about 15 minutes, there is a fan noise under hood.
- ASC light comes on and accelerator inactive
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Gili's Automotive (301) 563-9049 | 20.04mi
2002 Jaguar XKR Problems
The automatic transmission oil is synthetic and Jaguar claims it never needs changing. However, to prolong the transmission life, our technicians strongly recommend changing the automatic transmission oil at 60,000 miles.
Use only Jaguar-approved fluid and carefully follow the Jaguar instructions for refilling the transmission.
The cup holder in the front center arm rest is flimsy and may break, making it impossible to close the cup holder assembly.
2002 Jaguar XKR Questions
I have a 2002 XKR-RS VIN # SAJDA42B12PA26383
with 85000 miles on.
I have owned this car for four years. It now has 88K miles on it. About three times a year an ASC light comes on. When I turn the engine off for a couple of minutes the computer resets and the car will return to normal for three or four months. Four times the ASC light came on and the acceler...
The Alarm system continues to fail and prevents the car from starting. Dealer was visited twice; module in ignition switch was replaced. Same problem continued. Now, alarm will beep, but won't set, but the car will run. Idea?
2002 Jaguar XKR Recalls
2002 Jaguar XKR Reviews
I am the 2nd owner of a beautiful 2002xkr coupe.I changed the exhaust and replaced the air filter with a less restrictive aftermarket unit.Wow,what a differance.The car is a true gem to drive and own.I love this car and would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone that enjoys cars.
This is a great car! I'm the proud 2nd owner with 48K miles on the vehicle. Have had no problems with the vehicle until this week when the timing tensioners wore out and fractured. Attention all Jaguar owners...check and REPLACE the old timing chain tensioners or get ready to spend some $$$. All 4 tensioners and chains needed to be replaced. Went ahead and did the water pump and some other...