2001 Jaguar XK8 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Jaguar XK8
- 2001 Jag XK8: Convertible top slow rising, times out or overheats and fails
- power top, power trunk, alarm, and wont shift + + won,t work but every fuse ok
- 1997 xk8 top not retracting...
- what front suspension parts do i need to replace to stop the uneven tire wear
- My car starts then cuts off no acceleration?
2001 Jaguar XK8 Problems
The cup holder in the front center arm rest is flimsy and may break, making it impossible to close the cup holder assembly.
Problems when opening or closing the convertible top may be fixed by flushing the hydraulic fluid and replacing it with an improved Jaguar fluid.
The automatic transmission oil is synthetic and Jaguar claims it never needs changing. However, to prolong the transmission life, our technicians strongly recommend changing the automatic transmission oil at 60,000 miles.
Use only Jaguar-approved fluid and carefully follow the Jaguar instructions for refilling the transmission.
2001 Jaguar XK8 Questions
i tried to put my top down; the rear windows went down, but the motor seemed sluggish and i didn't want to force things, so i stopped. i don't trust dealers. who in sandiego/santee area could i go to to get it fixed? i fear it is the fluid....again. i had it replaced in 06,
this occurs on front tires only
Repairman says Low compression (50) blown cylinder valve.$3500 to fix. Any other suggestions? Car still runs ok once it gfets going but idles very low and rough.