1999 Jaguar XK8 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Jaguar XK8
- Engine overheats going uphill, what seems to be the problem?
- I have a problem with the drivers door is open when its closed .
- Anybody know a way to tune the engine use less petrol.
- Kit to cover the armrest, the leather been heavy damage.
- Airbag warning light's on.Dealer says the seatbelt and airbags not communicating
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Chantilly Auto Group (703) 991-4225 | 11.13mi
1999 Jaguar XK8 Problems
The cup holder in the front center arm rest is flimsy and may break, making it impossible to close the cup holder assembly.
Problems when opening or closing the convertible top may be fixed by flushing the hydraulic fluid and replacing it with an improved Jaguar fluid.
The automatic transmission oil is synthetic and Jaguar claims it never needs changing. However, to prolong the transmission life, our technicians strongly recommend changing the automatic transmission oil at 60,000 miles.
Use only Jaguar-approved fluid and carefully follow the Jaguar instructions for refilling the transmission.
1999 Jaguar XK8 Questions
Engine overheats only on uphill, when running on down hill or flat highway the engine temperature goes back to normal.
My love to my Jag.xk8 are not to break, but the use of petrol, gasoline are devastation. I live in Europe and that make the petrol price in top of the world!! My Jag. use around 17 Lit/100 km minimum and top 20+ lit./ 100 km. on freeway.
Anybody who may know any smart way to reduce the gasoline...
Airbags are now disabled and it would cost over $800 to figure out the problem. They said the first step is to replace the seatbelt buckle. And then go from there.
1999 Jaguar XK8 Recalls
1999 Jaguar XK8 Reviews
I like the 1999 XK8's styling and performance. Had to have the tensioners and timing chains replaced. That was a little expensive($2500).
My love to my Jaguar XK8 can't be broken, even when my Mercedes Benz 300 SL/24. has a lot of positive memories. To drive a Jag. is not like driva from A to B, it's a dream and I will never sell or change my Jag. for anything in this world. I guess the XK8 from 1999 is one of the best looking cars ever been produced, it looks that way when I park or drive past people and comments ''Very nice l...
I signed the papers in the drivers seat after my first test drive in 1999 and still love this car. Snow White,convertible with oatmeal interior. Lots of looks, I keep it garaged and sometimes inside an inflated bubble. Only problem was gasoline turned into turpentine, and had to replace fuel pump. Now has 40,000 miles and experiencing wheel alignment situation..everything else is perfect. My m...