2004 Jaguar XJ8 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Jaguar XJ8
- Seems to be an electrical problem - the third symptom - is the car won't start!
- restriced performance keeps coming up and will not start
- would the air shocks need to be replaced if if air suspension has failed how do
- how do you program the ecu after replacing it.
- I cant get my ecu out of my 2004 jaguar xj8 i removed everything
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Gili's Automotive (301) 563-9049 | 20.04mi
2004 Jaguar XJ8 Problems
The cup holder in the front center arm rest is flimsy and may break, making it impossible to close the cup holder assembly.
While getting my tires changed one of my lug nuts was broken. Had to go to another shop to loosen the rest of the lug nuts and then return to have my tires installed.
The three piece lug nuts are fragile, and if the tires are not rotated frequently, the lug nuts can seize. Lubricate the threads when changing tires and purchase several spares to have on hand for an emergency.
One wiper arm became loose, collided with the other wiper and ejected the wiper blade. Watch to make sure your wipers are parking correctly, if one is up it means that it is probably loose.
Open the hood and remove the plastic cap on the wiper arm end with a small screwdriver. Loosen the wiper arm nut using the apprpriate metric socket. Adjust the arm to the desired park position and tighten the nut, replace plastic cap.
2004 Jaguar XJ8 Questions
1)This morning when turning the ignition switch all the dashboard lights flash and the headlights flash along with a clicking noise but the engine won't turn over.
2) Yesterday the warning message panel went through an entire series of random warnings of numerous falts wh...
I had crankshat and water pump and new battery hard to start and will not start
you test the system to locate problem i did hear air escaping at the left rear when car was turned off and i noticed the dust cover is split on the rear shocks
2004 Jaguar XJ8 Recalls
Jaguar is recalling 2004 model year XJ vehicles to prevent and correct possible accelerated corrosion of the rear steel brake lines. The existence of a special pad installed to reduce noise, vibration, and harshness under the vehicle in a location where it contacts with the steel brake lines creates an environment where moisture and dirt can collect and promote accelerated corrosion. Corroded brake lines can develop leaks, causing brake system pressure failure and poor braking function. Dealers will remove the special pad and inspect the brake lines for the existence of corrosion. Affected lines will be replaced.
On certain vehicles with automatic transmissions, with a forward "Drive" gear selected and the vehicle stationary or in forward motion, the transmission could potentially select "Reverse" without warning. This could result in a crash. Dealers will reprogram the Transmission Control Module to fix the issue. The recall began on May 1, 2004. The Jaguar recall number is R513.
2004 Jaguar XJ8 Reviews
had to change engine, waterpump, air suspenssion strut, water resovoir, brakes, lug nut studs, headlights, side marker, undertray, trunk air supporters, transmission garket, extremely toooooo many repairs, extremelly toooooooooooo expensive
Brakes went out at 10,000 miles, Sterring rack went out at 15,000 miles, Water pump went out at 25,000 miles, What is left?
I've had my '04 XJ8 for 8 months, 53,000, replaced Air Ride Compressor and 2 front shocks and the relay....very expensive and still receiving error 95% of the time. Window washer not working, parking sensor is now silent. Received the "parking brake error- DSC not available and the car shut off.... Restarted 2x's and error went away. Googled it and stated throttle body needs to be cleaned and ...