1999 Jaguar XJ8 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Jaguar XJ8
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Chantilly Auto Group (703) 991-4225 | 11.13mi
- Fairfax Auto Repair (703) 596-4643 | 18.09mi
1999 Jaguar XJ8 Problems
The cup holder in the front center arm rest is flimsy and may break, making it impossible to close the cup holder assembly.
On this V8 engine, timing chain problems are very common. Because the timing chain tensioners were made from plastic, they can fail prematurely and cause serious engine damage. A noticeable engine noise while idling or during a cold start can indicate a timing chain tensioner problem. The engine noise may also be accompanied by a rough or uneven engine idle. Improved components are available to remedy this problem.engine oil consumption.
1999 Jaguar XJ8 Questions
Happens every time is used, do not know if it will cool or sweat it
I parked my car yesterday and then tried to start it and it would only run for a few seconds and it ran rough those few seconds. The check engine light and battery light was on during those few seconds. I don't know technical stuff but also the fail safe engine mode light was coming on at c...
engine light on all the time. Restrictive performance goes on and off.
1999 Jaguar XJ8 Reviews
Bought mine in 2000 and have loved it ever since. Drove it for 10 years with hardly any problems. This year had to have the timing chain replaced and thermastat earlier this year, which was NOT cheap. It needed towed today, and we think it might be the fuel pump.... Even with that said.... LOVE LOVE LOVE my car!
i have 1999 jaguar xj8,had lot of work done but run very well now