1998 Jaguar XJ8 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Jaguar XJ8
- my front driver side wheel wobbles while driving,have new tires, front end ok
- the flashers come on and go off at will. Effects battery charge. How do I fix it
- my car completely stalled at 30mph...everything stopped and would not restart
- yellow light displayed with restricted performance reading
- on board display reads restricted performance how can i rectify it
1998 Jaguar XJ8 Problems
The cup holder in the front center arm rest is flimsy and may break, making it impossible to close the cup holder assembly.
On this V8 engine, timing chain problems are very common. Because the timing chain tensioners were made from plastic, they can fail prematurely and cause serious engine damage. A noticeable engine noise while idling or during a cold start can indicate a timing chain tensioner problem. The engine noise may also be accompanied by a rough or uneven engine idle. Improved components are available to remedy this problem.engine oil consumption.
1998 Jaguar XJ8 Questions
had front end checked out appeared ok, what could it be
It is a toggle switch that seems to engage disengage on it's own. Driving and turned off. There is no fuse for this. This has been a small problem until now. It just seems to get worse.
It does not matter how far between braking, on the third time Fail Safe lights.
1998 Jaguar XJ8 Recalls
1998 Jaguar XJ8 Reviews
d someone to fix my 1998 jaguar it started missing everytime I stopped at the light or stopped sign. I replace the spark plugs and the valve cover gakets on both side after completion it was missing more and while driving it around cornor it back fire it been sitting every since